From XFamily - Children of God
- May — Karen Zerby sends out "a secret burn-after-reading (BAR) single-page memorandum—signed by her, one per home, to be read to all members—“banning sexual intercourse with teens under legal age, meaning under 18. Incest was banned."
- Flirty Fishing abandoned due to the AIDS outbreak.
- David Berg publishes fantasies of having sex with his step-daughter in Heaven's Children.
- David Berg, Karen Zerby and their entourage leave the Philippines for Japan.
- The Last State published by The Family, beginning Merry Berg's public humiliation and a precursor to the Victor Programs.
See also: Previous Year - 1980s - Next Year