From XFamily - Children of God
- The Family encounters legal problems in Argentina.
- July — The Family institutes a rule declaring that the types of child sexual abuse that involve sexual contact between an an adult and a child are an excommunicable offense. The policy did not address other types of child sexual abuse and was not applied retroactively to those who sexually abused children before July 1989.
- Straits Times: Members of banned cult resurface — 1989-08-04
- Houston Chronicle: Prisoner of a cult — 1989-12-04
- Houston Chronicle: Group opens fund to reunite mother with her kidnapped son — 1989-12-06
- Houston Chronicle: Mother accuses State Dept. of hindering rescue of teen — 1989-12-09
- D.O. Is for Doers of the Word. ML DO 2531, 1989-07, paragraph 14.
- The Family’s History, Policies, and Beliefs Regarding Sex—Part 3, GN 1236 FD/MM/FM, ML 3673, 2007-10, 2007-12, paragraphs 60-80.
See also: Previous Year - 1980s - Next Year