DISCLAIMER: Publications by The Family are archived here for educational purposes. The content is occasionally sexually explicit, offensive or promotive of criminal acts and we collect them to document their existence and wording but do not condone the points of view or activities. Original spelling, grammar, and style have been preserved where possible.
HEAVENLY JESUS! DFO 1557 30/6/83
1. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT JESUS LOOKS LIKE IN HEAVEN, READ THE DESCRIPTION IN REVELATION 1! It says He was "clothed with a garment down to the foot, & girt about the paps with a golden girdle." (Rev.1:13) It doesn't say He had robes on His arms & shoulders! We don't even need those in our pictures of Him because it says He's girt about the chest with a golden girdle. It doesn't sound like there's anything over His shoulders or His arms. It sounds like one of those long off-the-shoulder dresses all the hippie girls used to wear--just a little elastic in the top above the chest, & you could take'm off real easy!--And nothing but beauty underneath!
2. I THINK THAT IS REALLY AN AMAZING DESCRIPTION THERE, REALLY THE ONLY DESCRIPTION WE HAVE OF JESUS IN HEAVEN! Somebody's bound to bring that up or think about it--I did! I normally wouldn't have thought about it, but I was just thinking, "Well, in the only description we have of Him in Heaven, His hair was white. That means His beard would be white too. Also His dress, according to that description, is amazing!" Apparently it's a translucent robe of light like the others, but it's strapped around the chest. It doesn't say a thing about the arms & shoulders. It says, "Clothed with a garment down to the foot, & girt about the paps with a golden girdle." It sounds like His shoulders & arms are totally free! I think that's even more beautiful! Kind of sexy, isn't it?--Like us!
3. SO I THINK THAT WOULD BE A BEAUTIFUL NEW CONCEPTION OF JESUS, & who's going to argue with that? It's Scriptural! So why not? Isn't that beautiful? I think the girls will like that!--With a nice big wide girdle at least 4 inches wide, like a man's belt. It was golden, so maybe it was like chain-link, actual gold. It says it was golden, & the only kind of golden clothing or belt that you could possibly wear has to be flexible. And the kind of flexible metal clothing that they used to wear, like knights in armour & all, was that mesh or chain-link material. My picture of that is a sort of a gold mesh!--A belt with a heart! And won't that look gorgeous in colour?--A gold belt with a red heart! It'll make all the Sacred Heart of Jesus people feel happy!
4. ISN'T THAT CONCEPTION OF JESUS PRETTY? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Him like that! I mean, what's more beautiful than His body? Why cover it up? It isn't cold there! I think He'd be pretty hot in that cloak you've got on Him now. But see, that's the usual conception of the way He was dressed on Earth. But this Heavenly conception is a confirmation of our extolling the beauties of God's creation of the body! And I think that gown ought to be thin just like the others to show His manly form! I think we ought to make Him beautiful! I don't care if we shock'm a bit! Let's show that we're not afraid to reveal our bodies up there. When I saw them, that's the way it was! The poor church people are going to get a shock in more ways than one when they get there! Heaven is sexy!
5. AND DID I EVER TELL YOU I DIDN'T LIKE THE IDEA OF TOO MANY CROWNS, EVEN ON PICTURES OF JESUS? If you artists want to make the people look saintly or like they're in Heaven or angelic, maybe you could use halos, but I doubt if we're going to be wearing halos either! I'd rather have everyone looking just as natural as can be, & as usual, except that we've got on--or off--our robes of light! HAL! TYJ! Heaven is so beautiful!--And Jesus too!--It won't be long now till we see Him!--Won't that be a thrill! TYJ! GBY!--See you there!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family