On February 13, 1973, New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller directed the Attorney General of New York, Louis J. Lefkowitz, to "investigate and determine the extent of the various activities of an organization known as the Children of God as its activities affect the public peace and safety."
Under the direction of Assistant New York Attorney General Herbert J. Wallenstein, the Charity Frauds Bureau began its investigation. On January 8, 1974, it published an interim report of its investigation into the activities of the Children of God. On September 30, 1974, it published its final report.
- Final Report on the Activities of the Children of God — full text version
- Final Report on the Activities of the Children of God to Hon. Louis J. Lefkowitz Attorney General of the State of New York (66 pages, 9.46MB)— 1974-09-30
- New York Times: Lefkowitz To Seek Commune's Books — 1974-01-31
- Washington Post: New York Would Place Children of God Under State Scrutiny — 1974-02-15
- New York Times: Lefkowitz Lists Charges On Sect — 1974-10-14
- Fresno Bee: NY Accuses Cult of Sex Perversion — 1974-10-15
Related Family Publications
- The Truth!--vs. 112 Official Lies! — GP No. 317, 1974-11-03.
- Fret Not! — DFO No. 317B, 1974-11-01.
- Who Are You Going To Believe? — (GP 317) – TK illustrated by Santiago Pisces
- Scientology Secret Internal Documents - GPgmO 1050 - TGT 3 Project — 1977-04-07 – Transcription of Guardian Programme Order document seized from the Church of Scientology by the FBI.