Since their inception as the Children of God, the group has predicted the imminent onset of the Endtime. This belief has directly and significantly influenced many Family policies, and is one reason The Family discourages higher education, long-term investment, and property ownership.
In the early 1970s, David Berg prophecied that Jesus would return in 1993 (ML#456). When Christ failed to arrive, however, it was explained that God changed his mind to allow more time for The Family to engage in proselytization and acquire converts. Despite this, The Family has maintained a strong sense of urgency regarding the Endtime, and a vast amount of internal Family publications deal with the impending rise of the Antichrist and his one-world government.
Since Berg's death, Karen Zerby has published prophecies stating that the Endtime will begin while she is alive and leading The Family, and that the Antichrist is currently an adult and solidifying his power base from behind the scenes.
The Family believes in a post-tribulation rapture.
David Berg outlined the 16 major events of the Endtime as follows:
- Last Days
- Signs of the Times
- Economic Crash
- Rise of the Antichrist
- Signing of the Covenant
- Breaking of the Covenant
- Abomination of Desolation
- Great Tribulation
- Atomic War
- The Rapture
- Marriage Supper of the Lamb
- Battle of Armaggedon
- Battle of Gog & Magog
- Great White Throne Judgement
- New Heaven & New Earth
- The Family: Endtime News — From the offical Family website.
- Countdown to Armageddon — Family website on the Endtime. Includes video clips from the Family-produced documentary "Countdown to Armageddon".
- 14 Major Points of the Endtime: Part 1 (by Activated Ministries)
- 14 Major Points of the Endtime: Part 2 (by Activated Ministries)