RISE International is a non-profit organization established on June 1, 2007 as a UK community interest company  to protect children from abuse in cults,, support those who seek justice for crimes committed against them while growing up in cults and "raise awareness amongst the public, government and charity organizations over the dangers and difficulties children face growing up in cults.". The word RISE in its name is an acronym for Resources Information Socialisation Education. It was founded by sisters Celeste Jones and Juliana Buhring shortly before the release of their book, "Not Without My Sister" and some of the proceeds from sales of the book have been used to fund the start-up costs of the organization. Its directors include five former second generation members of The Family. In December 2007, RISE International announced it planned to incorporate in the United States and apply to the Internal Rvenue Service for tax-exempt status as a charity. On February 20, 2008, the certificate of incorporation for RISE International Foundation was submitted to the New York Department of State.
Directors and Advisory Board Members
- Dermot Brannick
- Juliana Buhring
- Perry Bulwer
- Peter Frouman
- Celeste Jones
- Kristina Jones
- Kristi Lamattery
- Alexandra Stein
- RISE International — the web site of RISE International Community Interest Company
- movingon.org: Introducing RISE International CIC — 2007-07-23 — posting on MovingOn.
- movingon.org: RISE International film screening and fundraiser — 2007-10-26
- movingon.org: International Memorial Day for second generation — 2008-01-28
- List of Community Interest Companies — accessed 2008-03-13
- RISE International - Homepage — accessed 2008-03-13
- RISE International - About Us — accessed 2008-03-13
- Buhring, Juliana; Celeste Jones, Kristina Jones (2007). Not Without My Sister. Harper Element (HarperCollins), pp. 415. ISBN 0007248067
- Buhring, Juliana, "A Response To My Father," 2008-02-28.
- RISE International - The Team — accessed 2008-03-13