"THE WORD NEW AND OLD (MT.13:52)"--MO 9/74 NO.329--GP
(Compiled by Samson Warner & MO Ed. Dept.)
Copyrighted February, 1975 by The Children of God P.O. Box 31 London WC2E 7LX England or GPO Box 3141, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936
1. GOD WROTE THE 66 BOOKS OF THE BIBLE THROUGH ABOUT 40 MEN who were yielded to His Holy Spirit. As Peter said, "The prophecy came not in old time by the will of man; but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
2. THE COUNTLESS FULFILLED PROPHECIES contained in its books are the greatest proof that the Bible is the Word of God.
3. SOME OUTSTANDING EXAMPLES OF FULFILLED PROPHECY are seen in the Old Testament predictions about the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. THERE ARE APPROXIMATELY 300, all written 4 to 5 centuries before His birth! Micah 5:2, Isaiah 7:14 and 9:6 foretold that the Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem of a virgin and was to be called " the Prince of Peace" who had been in existence "from everlasting". His betrayal by Judas is seen in Zechariah 11:12,13 for "thirty pieces of silver"; crucifixion in Psalms 22:16,18--"pierced my hands and my feet" and resurrection in Psalms 16:10--"will not leave my soul in Hell."
5. THESE PROPHECIES, OF COURSE, ARE MERELY A FEW of the literally thousands of fulfilled prophecies about empires, individuals and world events which the Biblical prophets have predicted with unerring accuracy and which prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the Bible's Divine Authorship.
6. AS JESUS SAID OF HIS OWN PROPHECIES, "These things have I spoken to you ... before it come pass, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe."
WHAT THE BIBLE MEANS TO US
7. THE BIBLE IS GOD'S PLAN FOR ETERNAL LIFE: the solid genuine foundation of Truth on which we're building whose Giver is God. It is the Bible that gives genuine and eternal immortality through the resurrection, to everlasting heavenly bliss with God. The Bible, the greatest book in the world, with the only Author in the world who can guarantee life and love and happiness and heaven forever.
8. THE BIBLE IS OUR FOUNDATION, OUR GUIDE, OUR STANDARD AND THE ROD OF MEASUREMENT WHEREBY WE JUDGE ALL THINGS, even the words that God gives us today.
9. "THE LAW OF HIS GOD IS IN HIS HEART; none of his steps shall slide." If it isn't in his heart his steps will slide and he'll get off the right track.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIBLE
10. TODAY, EVEN THOUGH MAN HAS THE BIBLE AND LOOKS AT IT, HE CAN'T SEE its true Plan and Foundation. He's been mentally conditioned by all the preachers and false teachers, the wrong way they live and their dandy bad example, which is so contrary to the plan of true Christianity.
11. As a result the true Plan and Foundation of God as outlined in the Bible has been almost totally buried under the rubble of Churchianity and the traditions of man in opposition to the knowledge of God.
12. JESUS SAID OF THE ORGANISED CHURCH of His day that, "They by their traditions have made the Law of God of none effect"! That wasn't just back there either; that has happened today also.
WHY WE NEED THE MO LETTERS
13. THE BIBLE IS JUST AS NEW AND FRESH AND GOOD AS EVER to us if we can sweep away all this fabrication of man's interpretations. If we sweep away all this churchy garbage and get back down and delve underneath to find the foundations, then we can see the Plan, how it was supposed to be.
14. BUT TO REDISCOVER THE TRUE FOUNDATION it takes an archaeologist who comes and clears away the rubble! He digs out the Bible from under all the trash and reveals it to you as it really is and really was. In this case, I am your archaeologist.
15. WITH EVERY LETTER I'M CLEARING AWAY THE CHURCH RUBBLE to try to uncover for you once again what the Bible really says and means what Jesus taught.
16. IT'S BEEN THERE ALL THE TIME and is as good as ever, but we can't build on that Foundation again until we get rid of all the rubble of the Rabbis.
17. I WAS SO CRAZY ABOUT THE BIBLE when I was a young man that I said, "Everybody and every cult has always gone astray on somebody's writings! God forbid that I should ever write a book!" I was fanatical about that right up to Huntington Beach.
18. BUT I FOUND THERE THAT THEY NEEDED SOMETHING to hold in their hands to help them grasp the truth that was in the Bible but they couldn't understand.
19. SO I WROTE A LITTLE TWO PAGE LEAFLET with a map to try to summarise the whole Bible. When I felt a little tract was needed, I printed up solid Scripture because I was so afraid to put down any words of my own.
20. BUT GOD FINALLY HAD TO DO IT SUPERNATURALLY by almost forcing prophecy through me to give me the true living water for today. He almost forced me to write what needed to be written and to show me the Bible was not enough.
21. THIS WAS THE SAME THING GOD HAD TO DO WITH THE PROPHET JEREMIAH who said, "I will not make mention of Him, nor speak...in His name. But His word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing (holding back the words) and I could not stay...Thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed".
22. IT'S A DAMNABLE DOCTRINE OF CHURCH DEVILS TO CONFINE ALL THE TRUTH AND REVELATIONS OF GOD strictly to the Bible! True prophecy won't teach anything contrary but it surely can fill in a log of gaps. Let me tell you there was a time when Moses' and David's writings and the Apostles and prophets writings were new scriptures
23. EVEN JESUS WAS ADDING TO THE ALREADY GIVEN AND ACCEPTED SCRIPTURES, and He told His followers, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, ... the Spirit ... will guide you into all Truth."
24. SO IT'S LIKE WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME is filling in some of the remaining details of Biblical Truth, because Jesus is still in the process of guiding us into all Truth; it didn't stop with the Apostles!
USES FOR THE WORD
25. IF YOU THINK YOU DON'T NEED THE WORD now that you have the Spirit, let me tell you, Jesus said, "My Words are Spirit and they are Life." I didn't find the truth until I began to heed His Spirit, but it was the Voice of His Spirit in His World! For "Thy Word is a lamp into my feet and a light unto my path."
26. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE FAITH UNLESS YOU HAVE THE WORD, because your faith is something that is built by faithful study of God's Word.
27. "FAITH COMETH BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD of God." The main thing is to know the Word; that's the contract and the Law. That's why you can claim it and command the Lord to fulfil His promises.
28. YOU HAVE TO QUOTE THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT (the Word) to the Contract Maker (God) and hold Him to it. Faith in the Word not only heals our souls, but also our bodies: "I am the Lord that healeth thee." "Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases." "He sent His Word, and healed them." "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature."
29. THE WORD IS OUR WEAPON AGAINST THE ENEMY and his strongholds on people's minds and hearts. "For the weapons of our warfare (are spiritual), not carnal, (and) mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds."
30. WE HAVE TO DESTROY THE GOD-DAMNED LIES BEHIND THE VISIBLE, EVIL SYSTEM! But you can't do that with physical force--only by the Word of His Truth and the Power of His Spirit, hitting them where it really hurts--in their hearts and minds--with "the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God", "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God." "We've declared war on Satan's works and war on the old boy himself!
31. WHEN THE DEVIL TEMPTED JESUS AND LIED TO HIM HE JUST QUOTED THE SCRIPTURES: "It is written!" The Devil is a liar and the father of it, and he knows it and he can't take the Word! Resist the enemy and he'll flee from you! He'll turn tail and run.
32. TAKE UP THE WHITE-HOT SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE WORD of God, and cut the Devil to the heart! Lay it on him! Sock it to him! Drive him away! Tell him he has no part in you, and he's got no business there!
33. THE WORD ALSO GIVES US EXAMPLES of how God has worked in the past. What is always the first thing you should think about when you begin to think and pray about God's answer? Think about similar situations in the Word: What did they do then? We don't throw away our Bibles just because most of it is history, or has been fulfilled.
34. WE STILL LEARN FROM THE PAST MISTAKES AND SUCCESSES. Also look back into your own history and the old MO letters, which, like the Bible will not be totally obsolete, because history repeats itself and I'm sure you can see the parallel.
35. "ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED UNTO THEM FOR ENSAMPLES" and "were written for our learning."
STUDYING AND MEMORISING THE WORD
36. WE ARE GOING TO BE THE TEACHERS OF THE WORLD, as the prophet Daniel predicted, "They that understand ... shall instruct many."
37. THIS SHOULD CAUSE YOU TO STUDY AND MEMORISE, not only for your own sake and to be a better witness to many, but also to be able to teach them to teach others, to teach others, to teach others, to teach others, to teach others, to teach others.
38. NOW THERE'S PLENTY THAT'S GOOD FOR YOU TO STUDY AND MEMORISE of what the writers of the Bible have said, but much is old hat and out of date--except for what Jesus said.
39. EVEN SOME OF WHAT PAUL SAID SEEMS NO LONGER UP-TO-DATE because we're not living in Paul's day under those circumstances! Even he said of some of his commandments: this "speak I, not the Lord."
40. SO, I WANT TO FRANKLY TELL YOU, YOU HAD BETTER READ WHAT GOD SAID TODAY in preference to what He said, 2,000 or 4,000 years ago! Then when you've finished reading the latest MO Letters, you can go back to reading the Bible and the old MO Letters. "Therefore every scribe (like you) which is instructed unto the Kingdom of Heaven ... bringeth forth out of his treasure things new (the new MO Letters) and old (the old MO Letters and the Bible)."
41. HOWEVER, DON'T TAKE THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO NEGLECT THE BIBLE, as "a false balance is abomination to the Lord, but a just weight is His delight."
42. MO LETTERS ARE MY DAILY CLASS WITH YOU, and should occupy a specific hour and a half to two hours of your daily schedule without fail.
43. YOU'D BETTER READ AND STUDY THEM and share them or you, too, are going to miss the original pattern that God has given from the very beginning and fall by the way like the rest of the Jesus People. You'll make mistakes, pull boners, blunders, and really blow it if you don't stick to the plan God has given and follow the leadership He has anointed and appointed.
44. "BELIEVE IN THE LORD YOUR GOD so shall ye be established; believe His prophets, so shall ye prosper."
OBEYING THE WORD
45. IF YOU OBEY WHAT YOU KNOW GOD WANTS YOU TO DO, THEN HE WILL SHOW YOU MORE truth; and when you obey that, He'll give you a little more, and step by step, as you follow Him, He shows you more and more. It's like Solomon said, "The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day."
46. THE TROUBLE WITH MOST CHRISTIANS IS THAT THEY STOPPED OBEYING the little truth they did have, and as a result God hasn't been able to give them any more. But instead, as Paul said, "Because they received not the love of the truth ... God (has given) them strong delusion"--the church system.
47. THE MINUTE WE BEGIN TO LISTEN to the Lord's recorded, written Word, immediately we put ourselves in the position of being willing to listen, so then the Lord begins to speak and give us the Living Word.
48. JESUS SAID, "IF A MAN LOVE ME, HE WILL KEEP MY WORDS (written Words): and my Father will love him, and we (the living Word) will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
49. A PRAYER: JESUS GIVE THEM FAITH TO BELIEVE THE WORDS Thou hast spoken! Jesus, give them the faith to drink and to eat of that which Thou hast given! And most of all, give them faith to give forth food to the Children of David, e'er they perish! Amen.
2. Jn.16:1,4; 14:29
6. Ps.37:31; G:8
9. G:5 (Mt.15:6)
20. 161:31,30; Jn.6:63
36. 2Cor. 10:5
38. 33:26; Lk.4:8; Jn.8:44; Jam.4:7; Eph.6:17
44. 156:44; Dan. 11:3
45. 242:49; 1Cor.7:12 (1Cor.7:6,25,40; 1Cor.11:16)
Additional references: 231:9; 48:3-6; Jn.1:1,14.
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}