"CHILDREN IN THE WORLD" NRS17 DFO780 5-10-78
1. BY THE TIME OUR KIDS ARE EVEN SIX YEARS OF AGE & ARE COMPELLED TO GO TO SCHOOL some place, they ought to be so well taught & so insulated that they can sneer & laugh & make fun of evolution & all that kind of stuff! Why should Timothy & Rachel's kids be ashamed? (Maria: Our children should not only be insulated against these evolutionary lies but all the practises of the System.)--Amen!--Why weren't they?
2. DIDN'T TIM & RACHEL TELL THOSE CHILDREN BEFORE THEY WENT TO SCHOOL WHY EAT HEALTHY FOOD & why they had nuts & raisins for snack instead of candy & junk? (Maria: But they did! That's in one of the big Letters, "Food or Poison".) Then why were they embarrassed? They ought to have felt superior!--Not inferior!
3. WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL I DIDN'T FEEL INFERIOR. For one thing, I made better grades than anybody else, & I knew I was superior mentally. And I knew I was superior spiritually, because those people believed stupid things like evolution & they did stupid things.--I knew I was superior in the Lord & my faith & outlook!
4. I DIDN'T FEEL THE SLIGHTEST BIT INFERIOR, EXCEPT PHYSICALLY. I was a skinny little runt, & I had an inferiority complex about my being skinny & thin & ugly & that the girls weren't flipping out over me.
5. ONLY GIRLS LIKE MARIA WOULD FALL IN LOVE WITH ME! Only the nice, good, sweet little girls, very aesthetic & very delicate & ladylike, would like a good little boy like me--the kind who didn't like the great big rough tough bruisers. But they weren't always the prettiest girls, of course. Pretty, sexy girls always seem to fall in love with football teams & the beasts, the monsters, cruel tough bruisers--all flesh & muscle, few brains!
6. (MARIA: THEIR BOYS ARE BEAUTIFUL BOYS. THEY ARE SMART CHILDREN, & they have even witnessed in front of big crowds. They have had opportunity to be different. Now the other side of the story:
7. (THEY HAVE NEVER MIXED WITH CHILDREN IN THE WORLD. They have always been sheltered & protected. The social pressure is so great, that it is just natural that they are going to be somewhat embarrassed. So they just have got to be taught & they've got to learn step by step not be ashamed of the Lord's ways!)
8. A STRANGER AMONG STRANGERS ALWAYS HAS A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF FEELING DIFFERENT & a little embarrassment, particularly from being a foreigner, a minority & not knowing the language. You are always going to have that certain feeling like you are not at home.
9. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS LIKE THEIR LUNCH OR BELIEFS, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY FEELING OF INFERIORITY at all! They ought to feel superior! "Look at all that junk food you're eating! Look! You ought to eat decent food like this!" How come they didn't?
10. I WAS NOT EMBARRASSED IN SCHOOL ABOUT MY FAITH. I wasn't embarrassed about my mental capacity, I made better grades than anybody. I wasn't embarrassed about my faith, I knew it was better than anything they had. The only thing in the world I was ever embarrassed about in school was that I was a skinny little runt that always got picked on!
11. I WASN'T EMBARRASSED, BUT I KNEW I WAS IN THE MINORITY. In fact, I was about the only one most of the time. I was certainly a minority & I felt like a loner, but I wouldn't say I was embarrassed.
12. (MARIA: WELL, I CERTAINLY FELT ASHAMED & EMBARRASSED when I had to tell people I didn't dance, & I didn't go to movies. But I didn't have any Scripture on which to base why I didn't do those things.) Well, it wasn't difficult for me to tell people why I didn't drink & I didn't smoke. It was obvious. Everybody knew it wasn't good for you.
13. (MARIA: BUT OUR KIDS SHOULD KNOW THE SCRIPTURE FROM THE TIME THEY ARE TINY TOTS. They should know why we eat health foods, why we do this, why we do that. Aren't they taught sufficiently so that they shouldn't have to be ashamed?)
14. I DON'T SEE WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE TO BE ASHAMED AT ALL! I can't imagine a Communist in a capitalist society being ashamed of his views! I can't imagine one of these evolutionists, even in a church, being ashamed of his views. They are usually militant & belligerent & fighters!
15. IN SCHOOL I WAS A FIGHTER FOR MY FAITH! I frequently stood up for my faith & spoke out against what was being taught, & spoke out against the teachers & spoke out against the text books. And believe it or not, usually the kids would be on my side!
16. THE KIDS WOULD STICK UP FOR IT WITH ME because they liked it if you could say the text book was wrong. If anything, they ought to be able to get the kids on their side when they are bucking the System or the text book or the teacher.
17. THE ONLY PRESSURE THAT I FELT WAS ALMOST PHYSICAL, OR EVEN SEXUAL, because I wasn't big & strong & wasn't exactly the type to appeal to women. I wasn't a football player & wasn't on the athletic team & blah, blah.
18. I WAS EXTREMELY ATHLETIC & I COULD ALMOST OUTDO ANY OF THE GUYS in swimming, climbing, hiking or anything that required a lot of breath. I was always the winner in any kind of a blowing game, believe it or not, like blowing a ping-pong ball across the table & stuff like that. I'm very windy!--As you too well know!
19. BUT I WASN'T A BIT ASHAMED OF MY FAITH, nor being a Christian. When we went to places, I wasn't ashamed to say, "No, I don't smoke", when people offered me a smoke, or "I don't drink". In fact, maybe I was little self-righteous about it.
20. (MARIA: DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE FIVE OR SIX YEARS OLD FIRST STARTING SCHOOL? That's where we get the comparison. You hadn't really been exposed to too many worldly children before. You were just starting out. Now is there any legitimate reason why these two little boys should have been ashamed?) I don't think so.
21. THE ONLY THING THAT GOT ME WAS THE BULLIES WERE ALWAYS MAKING FUN OF ME. "Oh, the preacher's kid, the preacher's kid, the goody-goody!" You know, they were always making fun of you that way.
22. I THINK THE THING THAT EMBARRASSED ME WAS HAVING THE ATTENTION OF THE WHOLE CLASS or group of kids called to me at all because I was shy. I just didn't like attention, for whatever reason it might be.
23. I FELL A BIT INFERIOR ECONOMICALLY A FEW TIMES. Some of the kids brought a lot of money to school & wasted it & spent it & treated other kids. Whereas I brought my little 25 cents for my lunch & that was it. But I had a lot of company on that.
24. THERE WERE KIDS WHO WERE POORER THAN I WAS & they were always ashamed of what they brought for lunch. But if our kids bring it, it's not just for economic reasons, but because it is good healthful food & better than that junk that the PF 241, 8021 Zurich, Switzerland. Other people are eating. That's nothing to be ashamed of!
25. (MARIA: OUR WHOLE FAMILY, ALL THE LETTERS & ALL OUR BELIEFS ARE BASED ON THE FACT THAT WE ARE A CHOSEN PEOPLE, we are a small minority.) If anything, we ought to be proud of ourselves & have a feeling of superiority, & I think I was when I was a kid at school.
26. I THINK I WAS THANKFUL, AT LEAST, IF NOT ACTUALLY PROUD OF MY FAITH & my mental prowess. Maybe I was a little self-righteous about the fact that I didn't smoke or drink, because I thought the people who did were pretty silly. (Maria: Did you witness at school when you were a very small child, five or six years old?) (Sara: give out tracts?) Well, we weren't quite so active along that line in those days.--But I sure stood up for my faith in class & to others!
27. THE ONLY THING THAT MADE ME FEEL BAD WAS THAT I WAS KIND OF ISOLATED. I FELT ALONE because I was different. I was not like the rest of the kids. But I had no feeling of inferiority about it. In fact, if anything, I felt superior but alone, which was kind of a sad state to be in. But I don't think I was ever ashamed of my convictions
28. IF I MET ANOTHER BRAIN, I WAS KIND OF HAPPY! We had something in common, we excelled in studies. They were usually skinny runts like me, only they wore thick glasses or were a bit ugly, but we were always on the honour list together, & all that sort of thing.
29. I THINK ANYBODY WHO IS ASHAMED OF THEIR CONVICTIONS MUST NOT HAVE ENOUGH FOUNDATION for their faith or why. why do I believe this way, why don't I believe in those things? It could be that you were just taught that those things are bad & you weren't told why. You couldn't get up & give your class a reason why.
30. (SARA: I REALLY THINK THAT THOSE BOYS ARE A DANDY EXAMPLE OF KIDS WHO HAVE BEEN IN OUR FAMILY SCHOOLS ALL THEIR LIVES. From the time they were babies they have been away from their parents in our schools & have only seen their parents on the weekend & at night.--Which almost all of our kids did, up until the RNR.
31. (THERE WAS A LARGE STRESS ON BUSY-NESS IN THOSE SCHOOLS & NOT ENOUGH EMPHASIS ON THE WORD & THE SPIRITUAL & on verses. How many verses had they memorised before they were five years old? Boy, I tell you, that was one thing which the Holy Spirit used & which stood by me all through those year, & that was my knowledge of the Word! I was made to memorise the Word from a tiny tot!
32. MY PARENTS HAD DRILLED THE WORD INTO ME. I had heard the Word from the beginning, & time again when something came up in school, some false doctrine of evolution or astronomy or whatever, I would Question it & instantly I would get a Scripture! I would get the Word, & that is one of the most strengthening things, if they know the Word!
33. I DON'T SEE HOW OUR KIDS COULD POSSIBLY MISS ENOUGH TRAINING IN THE WORD! How could they miss the training in the Word? (Sara: That's the thing people are raving about in the Dito series, that he could accept spiritual principles when he was just a tot, that we could actually pray for him when he was stammering & he received it & he learned verses about faith.) What the hell are they teaching them if they aren't teaching them Scripture?!
34. (SARA: BEFORE THE RNR, IF YOU COULD EVEN SQUEEZE IN A TIME FOR THE SCHOLASTIC YOU WERE DOING GOOD! But I could almost guarantee you that the Word was secondary.) Well, what was primary? (Sara: Deborah's whole thing was school & scholastic & not even reading so much as Montessori. They didn't even get flannelgraphs & stuff until they were 2 1/2 & 3, & the Word was not the foundation of their learning. But now that is what everyone is just rejoicing about, is the freedom & the emphasis on the Word & spiritual things.) I can't understand them not getting the Word!
35. THEN THE FAMILY HAS NOT BEEN RAISING THE CHILDREN THE WAY WE SET THE EXAMPLE with our children. Our whole emphasis with our own children, with myself when I was a child & then with my children when I was a child & then with my children when they were small, was to memorise the Word, the Word, the Word!
36. THEY LEARNED THE WORD FROM THE TIME THEY COULD TALK. They heard the Word all the time. They learned the Word, they memorised the Word, they could quote the Word, they sang songs that would really sing the Word. They could quote you chapters & chapters of the Word. We just made the Word absolutely primary!
37. LOOK HOW FAITHIE USED TO GO AROUND WHEN SHE WAS JUST A FEW YEARS OLD & QUOTE THE WHOLE 11TH CHAPTER OF HEBREWS! She was a phenomenon, & people would just absolutely flip out over her & rave about her & want her to go here & go there just to quote the 11th Chapter of Hebrews!
38. THEY WERE BROUGHT UP MEMORISING & QUOTING THE WORD & learning & singing songs. That was the main thing! What the hell has our Family been doing? (Sara: Well, I've been talking about the Blob Family schools. The kids who have missed big Family schools usually do a lot batter along that line.)
39. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANY OF OUR KIDS HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ENOUGH WORD, because that has been the basic building block of our whole educational system! If they haven't been getting it, then somebody has really been screwed up somewhere!--Was it Deb or Rachel?
40. THE THING THAT STRENGTHENED ME & STOOD WITH ME WHEN I STARTED SCHOOL WAS I KNEW THE TRUTH, I knew the Word, & the Scripture would come to me. The Holy Spirit was faithful to bring Scriptures to mind about every situation on every occasion. I would think of actual Scriptures to mind about every situation on every occasion. I Would think of actual Scriptures of Bible stories or Scriptural examples of fit everything that happened.
41. (MARIA: IF THEY DID GET GOOD BIBLE TRAINING, BUT THEY WERE ISOLATED & SHELTERED SO THEY NEVER GOT OUT, would they be able to stand up for their convictions, when suddenly thrust into association with the world?) I don't see any reason at all for them being ashamed of their beliefs or their health food or anything!
42. THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE LOCAL LANGUAGE CAN BE SOMEWHAT EMBARRASSING, & the fact that they are a foreigner or stranger can be embarrassing. But I don't see any reason for them being embarrassed for their faith or their convictions or their health food or anything else the Family lives & teaches!
43. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I FELT LIKE WHEN I FIRST WENT I SCHOOL? I had been very sheltered & had not had very much contact with evil children until I finally started kindergarten. All I can remember was that I didn't particularly like school because it was bedlam!--All noise & confusion & loud rough Americans!
44. IN SPITE OF ALL THE STUFF THEY HAD TO PLAY WITH, I DIDN'T LIKE IT because it was so noisy & such bad kids. I'd just look at them in horror, like I can imagine David would his first day at school, because he has been taught to be quite & taught to be thoughtful & considerate & behave & obey & learn!
45. I CAN REMEMBER FIRST GRADE IN KENTUCKY WITH THE HILLBILLIES, & THEY WERE A ROUGH TOUGH CROWD! All the boys talked about was fighting, who could beat up everybody else in school. That's the American's standard: The big boy on the block is the guy who can beat up all the other boys. He's the big shot!--The toughest & cruellest!
46. AMERICA IS BUILT ON VIOLENCE! VIOLENCE IS ITS RELIGION from start to finish! From the time the kids get to school & beat each other up, till the time they go to war to kill each other, that's America's religion!
47. FIRST & SECOND GRADE I LIKED BECAUSE THE TEACHERS REALLY CRACKED DOWN & MADE THEM STUDY. They had to work, they had to read, they had to study & had to write. I liked that. The only thing I didn't like about it then was that I liked school work & most of the kids didn't, & they were horsing around & bothering me when I was trying to study.
48. IF THEY FOUND ANYONE WHO LIKED TO STUDY, THEN THEY BEGAN TO PICK ON THEM right away. The big bullies would pick on me, not only because I liked to study & was good at it, but also because they knew I was the preacher's kid.
49. AS A RESULT OF THEIR PICKING ON ME I GOT IN QUITE A FEW FIGHTS. I'm afraid I wasn't exactly the kind of Christian who liked to turn the other cheek. I put up with as much of it as I could, I turned the other cheek a couple of times, then I would sock'em back! (Sara: Good for you!)--After all, I only had two cheeks!
50. I REALLY GOT IN A LOT OF FIGHTS WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID BECAUSE I JUST GOT MAD. I didn't like to get picked on. I tried to ignore it as long as I could, but if the guy just insisted on a fight, I gave it to him! And I always got the worst of it because I was little.
51. I REMEMBER GETTING IN FIGHTS FOR GIRLS.--Not all the girls, usually the very good little girls who also liked their studies, & the little delicate refined types like Maria. They liked me & they stuck up for me.
52. IF I CARRIED A GIRL'S BOOKS HOME THAT I LIKED, THE BOYS WOULD MAKE FUN OF ME & tease me & pick on me & I would let loose & let them have it! I didn't like injustice. I guess I was a fighter, even though I was a little runt & skinny, & I usually got the worst of it!
53. ANYHOW, I FIGURE IT HELPED THEM KEEP FROM PICKING ON ME TOO MUCH. They found out I would fight if they just pushed it too far. Well, I'm still a little bit like that.--I guess I'm still a fighter!
54. BUT I NEVER FELT INFERIOR, I JUST FELT LONESOME because there were not many other kids like me. I felt like a stranger in a strange land, probably a lot like our kids do when they are in System schools in a strange country. Of course, I didn't have the problem of not knowing the language.
55. WELL, I DIDN'T KNOW A LOT OF THEIR LANGUAGE!--THEY USED PLENTY OF FOUL LANGUAGE, dirty words, & stuff, even in the first and second grades! When I got there, I didn't even know what they are talking about. So they would laugh at me because I didn't know their language.
56. I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY MAYBE OUR KIDS MIGHT FEEL A LITTLE INFERIOR BECAUSE OF LANGUAGE DIFFICULTIES, & that they are a foreigner & fell a little embarrassed & insecure & inferior on those counts. But not on account of faith & food & things like that. If anything they ought to feel superior--I know I did.
57. I FRANKLY HAD CONTEMPT FOR THE POOR DUMB STUPID IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T WANT TO STUDY & were always playing around & acting silly & foolish. I just thought they were ridiculous! I even felt sorry for the poor, stupid, idiotic teachers who taught evolution. I thought they were ridiculous.
58. (MARIA: SO OUR AIM IS TO BE PREPARING OUR CHILDREN TO GO OUT INTO THE WORLD & STAND WITH CONVICTION & be able to give an answer to everyone who asks us.)--Amen! I didn't hesitate to stand up in class & question the teacher or question the text book & make fun of the stuff.
59. I WASN'T PURPOSELY TRYING TO EMBARRASS THE TEACHER, BUT I ALWAYS FELT LIKE I OUGHT TO CORRECT WHAT WAS NOT RIGHT. When the teacher said something wrong or the text book said something some teachers thought I was a trouble-maker, because I didn't always agree with them.
60. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, I WAS A GOOD STUDENT & I COOPERATED WITH THE TEACHER ALL I COULD, so most of my teachers liked me. I think I had the most trouble with my History & Biology teachers, because I disagreed with all the evolution which they always worked into both History & Biology & everywhere they could.
61. (MARIA: IT REALLY TAKES THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GIVE THE LITTLE KIDS BOLDNESS, because some children are just shyer than others, or a different personality. Some children are very, very shy & just normally want to flow with what everybody else does. But the Lord still has the victory in which the Holy Spirit can cause them to stand up for all these different things.)
62. I SEE NO REASON WHY ANY OF OUR CHILDREN SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR FAITH or their food or their family or their back-ground, anything like that. They ought to have the guts & the conviction & be taught by their parents that they are batter than other people.
63. (MARIA: WHAT ABOUT THE QUESTION, "WELL, WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS DO!" "Oh, my father goes out litnessing." "What's that?" "Well, he gives out MO Letters on the streets.') Instead of that kind of an attitude, they could either give his System job for security, or
64. THEY COULD BOLDLY SAY, "MY FATHER'S A PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL! HE'S WORKING FOR JESUS!"--That's the attitude they ought to have! Attack, attack! They ought to go on the attack & take the offensive & be the aggressors, instead of backing down & being ashamed that their father is a preacher, & put on the defensive.
65. I CAN HONESTLY SAY I DON'T THINK I WAS EVER ASHAMED THAT MY MOTHER WAS A PREACHER, even though women preachers were rare, because I knew she preached the Gospel & I was proud of it, so why should I be ashamed? They tried to make me ashamed, "Oh, there's that kid whose mother is a preacher, can you imagine that?--A woman preacher!" It just made me mad! Made me want to fight!
66. IT MUST BE BECAUSE THE PARENTS ARE ASHAMED. My mother was not ashamed to be a woman preacher. My father was not ashamed of being a preacher. It must be the parents who are giving the kids that idea of being ashamed of Family ways, for they're ashamed!
67. MAYBE THE PARENTS ARE ASHAMED OF GOING OUT ON THE STREETS & LITNESSING & preaching the Gospel! If they are, then they are going to give the kids that impression & the kids are going to be ashamed. Tim & Rachel themselves must be ashamed of the Family or its ways!
68. I REMEMBER HEARING A STORY ABOUT A POOR WASHER WOMAN WHO EARNED THE MONEY TO PUT HER SON IN COLLEGE. She just washed clothes & was a widow. She earned the money to put her son through college, & in college he lived pretty we & was popular & had everything he needed.
69. BUT WHEN HIS MOTHER CAME TO SEE HIM, HE WAS ASHAMED OF HER & was ashamed to acknowledge that it was even his mother! He told the kids that it was even his mother! He told the kids that it was some neighbour friend or someone that was visiting him. He didn't want to admit it was his mother! Well, kids like that have no guts, & they have got no convictions!
70. I DON'T THINK I WAS EVER ASHAMED OF BEING A CHRISTIAN & not believing in evolution, or believing in God or having parents who loved the Lord & preached the Gospel. I felt a little lonely sometimes & I was a little sad, but I was certainly never ashamed!
71. I WAS A SAD LITTLE BOY A LOT OF THE TIME, BECAUSE I WAS PRETTY MUCH OF A LONE WOLF. But I certainly wasn't ashamed of it, & I wasn't ashamed of my own mental prowess. I was smarter than any of the kids in school, & I wasn't ashamed of my faith either.
72. I WAS PROUD OF MY FAITH! If anything, maybe I was a little self-righteous, because I knew I was better than the other kids. So why should Rachel & Tim's kids be ash?--The parents must be ashamed!
73. ANY OF OUR KIDS WHO LOVE POPULARITY & love to be the "big man" on campus, back home in System schools are going to have it tough being witnesses. But persecution's probably going to be good for them.
74. PEOPLE WHO DON'T STAND UP FOR THEIR CONVICTIONS & WHO ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR FAITH or their Family or anything like that, I cannot stomach! I just cannot stomach people who haven't got the guts to stand up for what they believe!--I never could! I don't know, maybe I'm some kind of a fighter or something. (Girls: You are!)
75. AND I CERTAINLY CAN'T STAND PARENTS WHO MAKE THEIR KIDS ASHAMED of us & what we believe & the was we live. They must not have any convictions themselves! I never could stand half-hearted double-minded gutless compromisers & cowards! Gutless parents make gutless kids!--Not the Word nor the Lord nor the Family!--What kind are you?!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family