DISCLAIMER: Publications by The Family are archived here for educational purposes. The content is occasionally sexually explicit, offensive or promotive of criminal acts and we collect them to document their existence and wording but do not condone the points of view or activities. Original spelling, grammar, and style have been preserved where possible.
"BURN FREE"--MO February 14, 1970 No.O
1. IT SEEMED LIKE I AND THE LORD'S REVOLUTION WERE A FLAME OF FIRE OF A CANDLE IN THE MIDST OF GROSS DARKNESS AND THERE WERE MANY HANDS REACHING OUT OF THE DARKNESS--some reaching out for the light. It shone on their faces in the dark and they gazed with enthralled fascination as though hypnotised with joy. And others whose faces I could not see, sought to quench the flame! But it seemed as though the principal danger came from those who were trying to make the flame burn the way they thought it ought to burn, in the place and fashion they thought it ought to burn!--And some said, "If you'll burn the way we tell you to, we'll put you on this beautiful golden candlestick where everybody will admire you!" So they were trying to lower this box right over the flame to box it in and control it, but the box itself instantly burst into flame and the candle burned right through and destroyed it!
2. I TOOK THE BOX AND THOSE BEHIND IT TO REPRESENT THE CHURCH SYSTEM; and the hands which would seem to completely extinguish the flame to represent the anti-Christ world; and the hands that tried to snuff it out were only burned, and those that tried to channel it were scorched, and every type of control which was foisted on it was consumed by the flame.
3. AND THERE WERE THOSE HANDS WHICH WERE EVEN TENDER LOVING HANDS OF CONCERN FOR SAFETY AND THE OPINIONS OF MEN, which were trying to shelter the flame,--the hands of those who felt they were well-meaning loved ones concerned for our welfare, but instead they were only smothering it, and causing it to smoke and to stink.
4. AGAINST THESE HANDS IT STRUGGLED THE MOST violently to flicker out of their grasp! It seemed to wriggle between their fingers to burn freely. These are the strongest hold and presented the strongest challenge and danger to the flame! Those we love and who love us most come closer to putting it out than anyone else!--Well-meaning relatives and loved ones!
5. THE WARNING WAS CLEAR. THE FLAME MUST BE FREED FROM ALL BONDAGE EVEN FROM THOSE WE LOVE, and who loves us, however well meaning they may be, lest in their smothering love they quench the fire. It's a kind of smothering, protective love, the idea being that, of course, you must burn, but you don't have to burn that way. You can burn here, or you can burn there or you can burn our way.
6. BUT EVERY TIME THE FLAME TRIED TO BURN THEIR WAY, IT BEGAN TO DIE. It had to be free. It had to burn free, at whatever the cost and whatever the damage to the combustible system that tried to control it!
7. There was one last thought: It seemed that the greatest concern of the heavenly hands which tended and truly protected the flame from all others was the supply of oil in the candle itself, which seemed constantly in need of replenishing by the hand of the Candle-maker and the Keeper of the Flame. I took this to mean the Oil of the Spirit--the Candle-maker and Keeper of the Flame was, of course, the Lord, and we are His Candle--dead without His Oil and the ignition of His Power-- Or, smothering, smoking, and stinking, if not permitted to burn free in His Spirit. By burning free, it was destroying the hampering, controlling systems that sought to hinder it, and it was lighting the whole world!
8. There were lots of people sitting around cross-legged on the floor like they were meditating, watching the candle flame, which is a lot like these kids do when they are tripping out. It just shows you that the Lord--He is able to be their Trip!
9. The kids, thousands of them, were watching the candle flame and looking at it with such hope! Just as though it was their only hope--that little flame! They were so thrilled!
10. BURN FREE, BELOVED, BURN FREE! LET NOTHING QUENCH HIS FIRE! And nothing shall! We shall set the world on fire by the Power of His Spirit to burn away the wood, hay and stubble, the dross and the chaff, leaving only the gold and silver and precious jewels for His crown!
11. BURN FREE, BELOVED BURN FREE. YOU SHALL SET THE WORLD ON FIRE FOR HIS KINGDOM! And He shall give beauty for ashes! The eternal beauty of His Truth will rise above the ashes of their traditions and last forever in the Eternal Kingdom of God!
12. HOLD FAST TO THAT WHICH THOU HAST, LEST ANOTHER STEAL THY CROWN! Let not the Enemy have dominion over you. For whom the Son hath made free is free indeed! Don't let them rob you of the Flame of His Freedom. Don't let Satan blow it out! This little light of mine: I'm going to let it shine!--No matter what they say or do, the Revolution for Jesus is Forever.
13. COME, LET'S SET THE WORLD AFIRE FOR GOD AND ENLIGHTEN THE HEARTS OF ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to repent. This is your day. Let it burn! Tomorrow will be too late!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}