"ALL THINGS CHANGE, BUT JESUS NEVER!"--MO October 25, 1970 NO.6--GP
Copyrighted October, 1970 by The Children of God
P.O. Box 31, London WC2E 7LX, England or Box 3141, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936
1. "YESTERDAY, TODAY, FOREVER, JESUS IS THE SAME!--
All things change, but Jesus never,
Glory to His Name!"
2. CHANGES IN MAN'S SOCIETY ALWAYS COME FROM THE BOTTOM, NOT THE TOP--changes in economics, politics, or religion, or the earth--because the top does not want to change; it always wants to be on the top. But if they try to seal the pot to preserve the status quo, they cannot, and the pot will explode and destroy because of the fire. There must be this continual change; otherwise there would be stagnation. There must be this constant circulation or there would be total stagnation and corruption, because that which is at the top is the first to ferment, to sour, to rot, and that which is on the bottom is full of dregs, which if allowed to accumulate would solidify and clot the circulatory process, and that which is on the top would become scum and froth and, as in the brewing of a good beverage, it must be constantly stirred to prevent the settling of the dregs or the accumulation of scum, and to insure the equal distribution of all properties concerned, there must be constant change and constant stirring and constant circulation to prevent stagnation--either by fire or by sword.
3. THIS IS THE PRINCIPLE OF SOCIETY--of the society of human beings--as sure as the laws of physics. God has ordained it that way! It is as sure as the law of gravity: What goes up must come down! And as sure as the law of circulation of liquids and gases: What is down must go up! "For every high place shall be made low and the low places shall be made straight, and the mighty shall be abased and the weak shall become great." "They which live by the sword shall die by the sword; but the meek shall inherit the earth."
4. AS SURE AS THE NIGHT FOLLOWS THE DAY.--AS SURE AS THE SUN RISES, IT MUST ALSO SET. As sure as the rain falls, it must also rise again. As sure as "from dust thou art, to dust thou shalt return"! As sure as life and death there must be a continual birth, life, death, resurrection. The cycle must be completed. The perfect circle of eternity, to complete the creation of God, of which He is the Designer and the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega.
5. SO, "HE THAT HATH BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN YOU SHALL COMPLETE IT TO THE END." There must be both "In the Beginning" and "The Last Days." "Fret not thyself therefore because of evil doers" because "their great houses shall become desolate and their palaces shall be laid waste," and the grandeur that was Greece shall tumble into ruins, and the glory that was Rome shall fade into oblivion, that He which is Eternal may be made manifest and the beauty of His creation and the Glory of His Power and the Eternity of His Love, that He may be All and in all, that God may be glorified.
6. SOCIETY AND ECONOMICS AND POLITICS TEND TO SOLIDIFY LIKE THE CHURCH, IF NOT MELTED AND CAUSED TO FLUX BY THE WHITE HEAT OF GOD'S JUDGEMENTS--persecution, hardships, suffering--if not stirred over the fire by the sword of His chastisement.
7. GOD MOVES. HE IS A MOVING GOD. HE IS NEVER STILL. He is always doing, going, saying, effecting change in every sphere of Creation. He is never static, except for Himself. "I am the Lord: I change not." Except for His Word. "Forever Oh Lord, Thy Word is settled in Heaven." And except for the future--His promises to His Children. "There remaineth therefore a rest for the Children of God."
8. AS FOR ALL ELSE, "THE MOUNTAINS SHALL BE MADE LOW, THAT WHICH HE HAS EXALTED SHALL BE ABASED, AND THE LOW PLACES SHALL BE EXALTED. He that is of a humble and contrite heart, in due time shall be highly exalted, until time shall be no more, and the Kingdom of our Lord is come, where He that ruleth in righteousness shall judge the earth and establish everlasting peace, and the Kingdom shall never fall, neither shall it be given unto others." It shall be forever! And we shall rule and reign with Him upon the earth and He shall rule the nations with a rod of iron--inflexible, unchangeable, eternal--the society of the Kingdom of God. "For the things which are seen are temporal!"--for a little while--"but the things which are not seen are eternal."
9. "FOR WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH, IT SHALL BE FOREVER; NOTHING SHALL BE PUT TO IT, NOR ANYTHING TAKEN FROM IT. For God doeth it that men might fear before Him, for God doeth it, that men might fear before Him!"
10. BEHOLD, HOW THE MIGHTY HATH FALLEN, AND GOD HATH EXALTED HIM OF LOW DEGREE!
11. ARE YOU BECOMING STATIONARY WITH THOSE SEEKING TO PRESERVE THE STATUS QUO, to freeze the world into a block of ice? Or are you moving with the white hot fires of the Spirit of God--burning, melting, moving, molding, flowing, pouring, sharing, in this Age of Aquarius--the Age of the Water of Life--the Age of the Water Givers--the Age of Life Sharers?
12. ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO FREEZE AND PRESERVE, TO SOLIDIFY INTO IMMOVABLE ICE THAT MEANS DEATH?--Or are you warm, loving and sharing and wooing and sowing and conceiving with the Seed that brings Life--new birth, new creatures, and a new world--where "old things are passed away and all things are become new"!
13. YOU'D BETTER MOVE NOW--WITH THE LIFE OF GOD--OR YOU'LL BE LEFT BEHIND IN THE DEATH OF THIS WORLD! Karl Marx was right, this world must change in the dialectics of its materialism in which nothing is permanent, but he was short sighted and did not foresee the unchangeable eternity of the spiritual world which will never change. "For that which is flesh is flesh, and that which is spirit is spirit" and "flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God" for, "God is a Spirit, eternal, unchangeable in the heavens" and "they which worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him, neither in this place, nor in that mountain, but in the eternal Spirit of God."
14. "ALL THINGS CHANGE, BUT JESUS NEVER!--Glory to His Name!"
15. "Abide with me, Fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide...."
16. "Change and decay in all around see;
Oh, Thou Who changest not, Abide with me!"
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}