"FOUR DREAMS OF NEW COLONIES"--MO November 24, 1970 NO.15--DO
Four Dreams Received in Haifa, Israel
DREAM ABOUT RENOVATING THE OLD COUNTRY SCHOOLHOUSE
1. I HAD FOUR DREAMS--LIKE FOUR DISTINCT SCENES:
DREAM 1: WE WERE RENOVATING THIS LITTLE OLD ABANDONED SCHOOLHOUSE. The kids were all so happy and working on it! It was just like the typical old deserted country schoolhouse, or it could have been a church building, but my impression was a school. It was in the country and it was cold because I remember we were trying to stuff up the chinks in the building to keep the cold out, and we were trying to repair the old brick fireplace with a big old chimney. It was like the old-fashioned one room schoolhouse that sometimes doubled for a church building too. It was a real happy scene--happy time--everybody was working so hard--like they were so happy to find this place, and the owner had given us permission. I remember this carload of kids stopped on the little country road to ask what we were doing, and some of our kids went out to greet them.
2. It was rural and seemed like wintertime. The fields were brown and bare and the leaves weren't on the trees, but no snow was on the ground. Anyhow, these kids had come in a sort of friendly fashion to tell us like, "I guess you know the people around here don't like you being here." It was as if we told them we were used to that. We have the owner's permission. The kids finally pulled away.
3. MY IMPRESSION WAS THAT IT WAS IN THE STATES, IN A MILD WINTER CLIMATE, EITHER LIKE THE SOUTH OR CALIFORNIA and it was a little bit hilly like the South or California, and yet there were a lot of fairly flat vacant fields-- farm country, rural. It was like it was kind of poor or deserted or something and the building was like it hadn't been used for years--old, wooden, sort of unpainted--you know how they get after years of sitting in the weather. It was kind of like the church building we used near Houston, but an entirely different area. My impression at the time was that it was kind of like the people were like Southerners, but the country was more like California. Everybody was so happy that they had finally found this place and gotten permission to use it!
DREAM ABOUT MEETING IN THE OLD SCHOOLHOUSE
4. DREAM 2:
THIS NEXT SCENE WAS DEFINITELY CONNECTED WITH THE ABOVE. IT WAS THE VERY SAME RANCH, FARM, or whatever it was. We drove in off this country road alongside this country house where the people were living, and it seemed like they knew we were supposed to come, but they didn't particularly like us; and we pulled around in the drive way clear back of the house--seemed like there were a few trees or an old garage or barn. We pulled this camper, trailer, or--it seemed like maybe it was the cruiser--back as far as we could on the back side of the property. We had permission to park there, but weren't supposed to bother the people living there. They didn't particularly like us being there, but they couldn't do anything about it.
5. We'd been there hardly any time at all until the sheriff drove up, and the people went out to talk to him--he didn't get out of the car. I can remember what they were saying: "We don't like it either, but there's nothing we can do about it. The owner told them they could stay here."
6. IT WAS AS THOUGH WE HAD FOUND A NEW COLONY DEFINITELY, AND EVERYBODY WAS SO HAPPY, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE HAD THIS NICE LITTLE OLD SCHOOLHOUSE TO MEET IN. THE LAST THING I REMEMBER, WE WERE HAVING A MEETING IN THE SCHOOLHOUSE and there was quite a crowd--a lot of cars parked around outside--lots of kids--few old Systemites, curious, and everybody was very happy, even in spite of the older people not wanting us there--they were kind of tolerating us like they did in Texas.
7. The area wasn't real desert country--it was kind of poor farm country--it wasn't real wet like the east--sort of semi-dry like California, and things were kind of brown and bare like the wintertime in California.
8. The sheriff drove on off like there was nothing he could do about it: we were there by permission and the last thing I could remember was the meeting-- the country kids had come to hear us.
9. The only building I remember was the schoolhouse and the little farmhouse. It was like we were camping out. Like the people in the old house were supposed to be taking care of the place and the owner knew they didn't like it, but he didn't care, because he wanted to help us!
DREAM ABOUT MOTHER'S MOUNTAIN CHURCH RUMMAGE SALE
10. DREAM 3:
THIS NEXT SCENE I DON'T GET AT ALL! It seems almost like it's too crazy! IT WAS WAY UP IN THESE HIGH MOUNTAINS--LOOKED LIKE THE ALPS WITH SNOW ON THEM, and there, clear up in the mountains, on the mountainside, was one of these very, very, OLD SMALL STONE CHURCHES, built like a castle--the front tower was built almost like a castle tower with the tower in front at one corner and the entrance out in front of the church with these steps leading down. IT WAS A WEEKDAY DURING THE DAYTIME AND WE WERE HAVING A RUMMAGE SALE IN THE CHURCH AND EVE HAD THINGS SCATTERED OUT ALL ON THE STEPS and in the front, and she was organising everybody, and they were all running around selling stuff; it had something to do with helping our work, and the kids were there helping her, and I stood there and had the funniest feeling like it was sort of ridiculous--Wow! What a view and here we are having a rummage sale! They'll never believe it! This was just too much! Here's this church helping us out, here's this tremendous view, and here we are having a rummage sale!
11. THERE WERE PLENTY OF OUR KIDS AROUND AGAIN AND EVERYBODY WAS HAPPY. I HAD THE DISTINCT IMPRESSION THAT THIS ONE WAS DEFINITELY SOMEWHERE IN EUROPE, PERHAPS EITHER GERMANY OR SWITZERLAND--either Rhineland or Switzerland--there's also country like that up in Scotland. It could have been in the mountains of Scotland, but there were mountains and they had snow on them and it was cold. They weren't anything like the mountains of California or the States--it was like a mountain valley in Switzerland or Germany.
DREAM ABOUT THE BRITISH OUTDOOR MEETING
12. DREAM 4:
THIS LAST SCENE--A DIFFERENT PLACE ENTIRELY--I THINK IT WAS BRITAIN. THEY HAD THESE FUNNY LITTLE POLICE CARS with these funny sirens--and we were somewhere outdoors having this big meeting--there was a huge crowd with hundreds of people, and THE POLICE CAR CAME WITH EVE IN IT, and she was real upset about something. It came lickety-split with it's siren blowing. It was like they were trying to help her--like they were bringing her to bring me some kind of bad news!
13. She got out of the police car at the edge of the crowd and came my way, looking very frowning and quiet and dark, like she does when she is real worried about something. Everybody turned around when the cop car came--one of those little ones with the little light on top--it seemed like it was in England. It was like in a park in a big crowd.
14. EVE BEGAN COMING THRU' THE CROWD TOWARD US, AND THAT'S THE LAST I REMEMBER. I remember I was so relieved and thought, "WELL, WHATEVER IT IS, THE POLICE ARE ON OUR SIDE AND TRYING TO HELP US." It could have been, though, they were coming to tell me they wanted me and just being nice about it and letting her come and get me. But I was definitely there, and she was going to tell me. Seems maybe like Aaron was there, too. It was more the feeling that something had happened to somebody and she was going to break the news.
15. MY FINAL FEELING ABOUT THAT MEETING: JUST LIKE THE DEVIL TO DO SOMETHING TO DISTURB THINGS NOW, WHEN WE'RE GOING SO BIG IN THE PARK. THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AND OUR KIDS WERE SINGING, PLAYING and preaching. It was more like I was sort of on the sidelines helping out--more like I was just observing!
INTERPRETATION OF DREAMS
16. ALL FOUR DREAMS WERE HAPPY SCENES! I ALWAYS HAD THE FEELING THAT OUTSIDE THERE WAS SOME KIND OF OPPOSITION--BUT IN EVERY CASE WE WERE HAVING A GOOD TIME AND GOING GREAT IN SPITE OF IT! I HAD THE FEELING THAT THE OPPOSITION AND OBJECTIONS WERE JUST THE USUAL ONES WE WERE USED TO--KIND OF LIKE THEY COULDN'T TOUCH US, HURT US, OR STOP US--JUST SORT OF HARRASSED US, BUT WE DIDN'T LET IT BOTHER US!
17. (Moses was re-reading the above dreams--preparing to send them to you--thrilled with what God had shown--but he got to thinking that, you, his beloved children, might make fun of him for dreaming so much, and think his age was finally getting thru to him--that your reaction might be: "All he does anymore is send us dreams"--when, all of a sudden--BOOM!--The Holy Spirit spoke in rebuke--YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS! How precious the Lord is! He always has an answer from His Word. THAT SWEPT AWAY ALL DOUBTS IN SEEING THAT ONCE AGAIN--EVEN IN THIS THING HE WAS GOING ACCORDING TO HIS SCRIPTURAL PRECEDENT--THE ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING IS IN HIS WORD!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}