DISCLAIMER: Publications by The Family are archived here for educational purposes. The content is occasionally sexually explicit, offensive or promotive of criminal acts and we collect them to document their existence and wording but do not condone the points of view or activities. Original spelling, grammar, and style have been preserved where possible.
"MOUNTAIN ISLAND VILLA DREAM"--MO December 6, 1970 NO.21--DO
Copyrighted December, 1970 by The Children of God
P.O. Box 31, London WC2E 7LX, England or GPO Box 3141, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936
DREAM OF THE MOUNTAIN ISLAND VILLA
1. I've had this dream several times before. The only place I've ever seen that even resembles it was those Mediterranean islands we passed on our way to Israel. I thought about it as we passed: that sure looks like the dream!
2. I KEEP HAVING THIS DREAM ABOUT THIS ISLAND WITH A HIGH MOUNTAIN on it! You have to get back and forth to the island by boat. On top of the mountain is this great big villa or mansion. The nearest thing I ever saw to it was those Mediterranean islands where the water is warm enough to swim in--so it couldn't be the Pacific--and yet the mountains weren't tropical--but more like California--kind of warm, yet somewhat bare much like these islands in the Mediterranean. AT THE FOOT OF THE MOUNTAIN IS THIS BIG BEACH--KIND OF LIKE A COVE--like some of these California beaches where the cliffs sort of hem them in on both sides. When the mountain comes down to the water on both sides, it is steep and precipitous, but right at the foot of the mountain directly below the villa is this big wide beach--kind of like those mountain-top or cliff-top homes in California--and then the steep mountain side leading down to the beach below--and water, that, though it is kind of like an ocean in that it is so large, is unlike an ocean in that it is so calm. Although Miami has water like this, I've never seen any place there with mountains! Besides, this mountain is not that tropical--at least it doesn't seem like it to me! I don't know--maybe Hawaii looks like that! But what best describes it is those Mediterranean islands!
3. IT SEEMS LIKE I'M ALWAYS HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING TO AND FROM THIS ISLAND! SOMETIMES I'M CATCHING A BOAT--sometimes I'm actually in the water swimming--like I was last night--and last night there was a storm--that's the first time I ever saw the water rough--big waves! There was a huge log rolling along in the water--being washed along at a tremendous speed by the waves--and I was trying to catch the log to hold on to it--because it was being swept toward the island.
4. Usually I have a hard time climbing from the beach to the villa. When I say mountain I don't mean with snow on the top, nor do I mean just a little round hill, either--it's steep and precipitous, but only about one or two thousand feet high--just real steep, and you really have to do some rugged climbing to get up the path that leads from the beach up to the top.
5. From the top there was this gorgeous view--absolutely beautiful!--The blue water and the sunshine and I can either see the mainland or other islands off in the distance--you can see them plainly!
6. It might be like Catalina, but I've never been there--only it was too sunny and warm for California! The water was so much calmer--like the Mediterranean or Miami or the West Indies!
7. NOT FAR AWAY, THERE'S A SMALL TOWN--SORT OF LIKE A RESORT TOWN--a coastal town; either it isn't on the same island, or certainly not on the same part of the island--because I HAD TO GET BACK AND FORTH FROM THAT TOWN BY BOAT--OR TO SWIM. And then it was like that town itself was not on the mainland, because you had to either catch a big boat or plane from that town to the mainland. The other times I had the dream I never had so much about this town. It seems to be getting clearer every time I have the dream.
8. I'm always coming for a visit to this place--usually having trouble getting there--or getting up the mountain. At the top is this beautiful big home, and last night this was clearer than it's ever been. THIS TIME WE DROVE IN FROM THE REAR OF THE VILLA--ALL DRESSED UP LIKE DISTINGUISHED VISITORS. A WEALTHY, REFINED MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN--A LITTLE YOUNGER THAN I AM--LIVED THERE--SHE HAD VERY SHORT CURLY BLONDE HAIR--you know how those ladies from the '20s and '30s wear their hair--kind of frizzy, and sticks out--only about medium neck length. She was pretty matronly--not fat, but plump--fairly short, and SHE WAS ENTERTAINING US IN THIS VILLA WHICH WAS HER HOME! I was admiring the view as usual, but this was the first time that I had ever actually been in the house or really received by anybody up there.
9. One thing about the dream: it seems like I'm always a fugitive or running from something. Also always with somebody--always! And like we're fugitives or refugees. And last night, I was so thankful that she took us in. We definitely discussed the place, to house some of our folks. It was as though there were just a handful of us there talking it over with her, and that the prospects were definitely encouraging and she was very kind and favourable!
10. P.S. I'll let you know what the results were when God gives me the next installment!--I KNOW IT MEANS SOMETHING SPECIAL! I JUST GET A THRILL EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT! I GET A CHILL! YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS--OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS!
(Now be sure to read the fulfillment in No.63, "Mountain Island Villa Found.")
HAVING CHANGE HELPS YOU DO A BETTER JOB
11. NOTE: GETTING YOUR MIND OFF YOU--Seeing a movie is like going witnessing. IF YOU GET YOUR MIND ON SOMETHING ELSE, BESIDES YOU, FOR A CHANGE, LIKE READING A BOOK, LISTENING TO MUSIC, OR HEARING SOMEBODY ELSE'S TESTIMONY--IT HELPS YOU GET A BETTER PERSPECTIVE--LIKE STANDING BACK AND LOOKING AT YOUR WORK. The artist has to stop and stand back and look at it or go away and think about something else for a while--and then go back to it later. WE CAN DO A BETTER JOB IF WE AREN'T CONSTANTLY THINKING ABOUT OURSELVES AND OUR PROBLEMS. When Fred had problems with people, he used to get them all out witnessing. LET'S FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO BE PERFECT--'CAUSE WE NEVER WILL BE! LET'S FOLLOW THE LORD AND DO THE BEST WE CAN!
12. NOTE: DISCIPLINE--WHAT DOES THE LORD DO WITH US? DOES HE TAKE AWAY ALL OUR RESPONSIBILITY AND MAKE US START AT THE BEGINNING? Only in the very severest cases where there is no other alternative! USUALLY OUR RESPONSIBILITY IS WHAT KEEPS US GOING in the first place--having to get face to face with the need and forgetting our damn selves!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}