LETTER TO THE OFFICE TEAMS--MARIA December 9, 1970 NO.22
Dear Secretaries and Office Teams,
1. THIS IS JUST A LITTLE LETTER TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE THINK OF YOU AND HOW IMPORTANT YOU ARE TO THE LORD'S WORK!--Also a few suggestions in connection with the secretarial department.
2. EACH OF YOU HAS TAKEN SUCH WONDERFUL RESPONSIBILITY, AND WE PRAISE GOD FOR YOU! Moses made a tape telling you how thrilled we are with your good reports, and we want to second it in this letter. To hear what's going on at home is like a breath of cool air in the desert--and we really get excited about them!
3. JESUS HAD HIS SCRIBES TO WRITE DOWN HIS WORDS--MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE AND JOHN--AND WE'RE JUST CONTINUING THE SAME KIND OF WORK! DON'T EVER LET THE ENEMY CONVINCE YOU IT'S NOT IMPORTANT! And when it starts to get burdensome, just praise God you don't have to do it by hand--like the many men who laboriously worked in the past at printing the Bible, so we might have it today!
4. MANY THINGS NEVER GET DONE BECAUSE NOBODY TAKES THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DOING THEM. Everyone thinks someone else is doing the job--and, as a result, it may never get done.
5. ONE OF THE SIGNS OF A GOOD LEADER IS ALWAYS KEEPING YOUR EYES OPEN AND CHECKING TO SEE THAT EVERYTHING IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY--THAT THE SNAGS ARE ALL IRONED OUT--THAT EVERYTHING IS GETTING DONE THAT SHOULD BE DONE! It's better to have people think you're meddling in somebody else's job, than to have that job never get done at all! Some of the teachers are so busy, for example, they have a difficult time stopping to write out a class on mimeographing. If you, therefore, hear a new, important, and special class given that has never been taught before or never mimeographed--and you feel it should be--do your best to see that it is preserved for God's Children to come!
6. FIRST, FIND OUT FROM THE LEADER IN CHARGE, IF HE THINKS IT SHOULD BE MIMEOGRAPHED, AND THEN MAKE IT YOUR JOB TO PROD THE TEACHER INTO WRITING THE CLASS DOWN. When this is done, give it to the office manager or secretary in charge of stenciling. Outposts should mail theirs to Pub Centers with special instructions to be reproduced. Stenciling and mimeographing are big jobs, as you know, so let's make sure it's the Lord's Will first--let Him decide! If this is already being carefully taken care of keep up the good work! Praise God!
7. LITTLE THINGS ARE SO IMPORTANT! Have you ever had one word, or a smile or a thought stick with you, and the Lord use it to cheer your whole day, or help you get the victory over something, or make a hard decision about something the Lord wanted you to do? I've had that happen lots of times! And many times your husband has probably been encouraged while singing, testifying or teaching, by one smile, or nod or interested look from you! LITTLE THINGS ARE SO IMPORTANT! DON'T EVER UNDERESTIMATE THEM! Some people have a marvelous ministry writing letters! God has given Martha, for example, a wonderful talent and gift for letters and they're such an encouragement to those who receive them!
8. OUR MINISTRY, GIRLS, SEEMS TO BE MORE RECORDING, BUT THIS IS NONE THE LESS IMPORTANT. Even the way we describe one situation and how our brothers and sisters were used by the Lord, or a wonderful little miracle the Lord did, will be an encouragement, or even how someone failed and went back, will be warning and the little things you get yourself from the Lord--BE A FAITHFUL STEWARD AND SHARE THEM WITH OTHERS--AND AS THE LORD SEES YOU ARE FAITHFUL IN THESE LITTLE THINGS, HE'LL SURELY GIVE YOU MORE!
9. YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY REALISE WHAT AN ENCOURAGEMENT YOUR REPORTS HAVE BEEN TO US--they are our major source of information on what the Lord is doing there, and how He is accomplishing His Purpose! So, don't be weary in well-doing, and don't neglect to communicate, for God will truly bless you and use your sacrifices for His Glory!
10. AND REMEMBER, GIRLS, THAT THE WRITTEN WORD IS VERY IMPORTANT--LOOK AT THE BIBLE! WRITTEN WORDS ENDURE WHILE OTHERS FADE AWAY FOREVER! SO LET'S WRITE IT! Whatever writing or typing you do, do it all to the Glory of God--always praying without ceasing!
11. IT MIGHT ENCOURAGE AND HELP YOU TO KNOW THAT THE LORD HAS USED YOUR REPORTS TO GIVE MOSES A CLEARER AND MORE COMPLETE PICTURE of what is going on at the home front--the situations, problems, and needs there--and after much fervent prayer about them, the answers have come from the Lord, in the form of the needed words of encouragement, instruction, and reproof and correction-- some of which we have already sent you and others that will come later (when I get them typed!) PRAY FOR ME! Others that are still cookin'--the pot hasn't boiled over yet!
12. SO CONTINUE TO BE FAITHFUL STEWARDS AND TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT RUNNING IN VAIN. The Lord loveth a cheerful giver!--He loves His precious little diamonds of dust!
13. AS WE CONTINUE TO MAKE DISCIPLES AND TO GO INTO ALL THE WORLD, WE'RE GOING TO BE NEEDING MORE COPIES OF LESSONS, ETC. At present the need is about 500, but we suggest that now you start making 1000 of everything mimeographed. Please see the proper person and discuss it with them, after getting the top leaders to O.K. it--if it isn't already being done!
14. NEW COLONIES DO NOT HAVE THE TIME--NOR SHOULD THEY TAKE THE TIME OUT OF MINISTERING GOD'S WORD TO TEND TABLES--THIS IS MECHANICAL WORK THAT SHOULD BE DONE AT HOME BASE--even for overseas--at least in the beginning!
15. ALWAYS REMEMBER, IN WHATEVER YOU DO, THAT THE MARK OF A GOOD LEADER IS TO ALWAYS CONSULT WITH OTHERS--those above you, or, if you're the top one in your department, with the over-all supervisor--in the multitude of counselors there lacketh not wisdom.
16. SO BE SURE WHEN YOU CONSULT, TO CONSULT WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE! AN ARMY CAN ONLY OPERATE EFFICIENTLY AND FUNCTION WELL, IF THE CHAIN OF COMMAND IS NOT BROKEN. You can see what problems it could cause if a person just dropped the work he already had to do and did what anyone asked him, instead, without consultation on which was more important, and which should be done first. CHAIN OF COMMAND IS VERY IMPORTANT! TRY NOT TO BREAK IT!
17. GIRLS AT ALL COLONIES: In your reports, you don't ordinarily have the time to deal with each person individually--how Jesse got a bad cut and the Lord healed him, or Joseph is the head of the print shop now, or how Methuselah came back to the team, or Amon's wife finally joined him on the team, or Jehu has been teaching classes and God's really anointed him--you know, the little things you can't put in the reports, but maybe sometimes somebody at each base could get a burden to write us letting us know how different people are doing.
18. MOSES LOVES EACH ONE OF YOU AND HE'S INTERESTED IN KNOWING ALL ABOUT YOU PERSONALLY, AS WELL AS THE WHOLE BODY! He said the other day (I think he really felt a little bad about it) "They're my kids, and I should know when they're getting married! A father has a right to know when his girls have babies. They're my girls and I wish they'd let me know!"
19. OH, THAT REMINDS ME, ARE THE GIRLS STILL WRITING REPORTS ON THE BIRTHS OF THEIR BABIES! If so, and I hope so, don't you think it'd be nice to send Moses a copy? He prays so hard for all of you, and it's the most difficult thing he's ever done almost--being away from you for so long! So please do try to have some of the other kids--On letter-writing night--be a little more faithful in writing to him!--On airmail forms or onionskin!
20. AND THANKS, GIRLS, FOR PUTTING YOUR REPORTS ON THE THIN PAPER. IT REALLY SAVES TREMENDOUSLY ON POSTAGE. You've been so faithful and we just love you for it! God bless you! Your reports are all the writing you need to do. Don't try to attempt any more unless you feel especially led. You tell us much in them!
21. DON'T FORGET ON YOUR REPORTS TO SIGN THEM WITH YOUR NAME, GIVE DATE, AND PLACE YOU'RE WRITING THEM FROM. When you mention anyone by name, remember that many of them we do not know by their Bible names, so please try to include their system name, and for some of the newer ones, a brief description, like where they came from or about how long they've been with the team--some little identifying characteristic.
22. WE CAN'T EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW WONDERFULLY YOU'VE DONE--PLEASE DON'T LET THESE LITTLE SUGGESTIONS DISCOURAGE YOU--AT THE BEGINNING YOU CAN'T BE COMPLETELY PERFECT! In fact, just resign yourself to the fact that it's going to take a while--would you believe--until Jesus comes!
23. TRY TO KEEP ALL REPORTS, PROPHECIES, ETC., IN A SAFE PLACE AWAY FROM THE EYES OF NOSY STRANGERS OR ANYBODY ELSE THAT SHOULDN'T BE READING THEM. The material for "Leader Only" should be kept in a place accessible to leaders only.
24. YOU'VE BEEN GREAT ABOUT TAKING A SECRETARY OR LOG KEEPER ALONG WITH YOU TO A NEW WITNESSING OUTREACH, A VIGIL, OR AN "ORDINARY" AFTERNOON OF WITNESSING! This is wonderful; we're so glad! Keep up the good work!
25. WE'RE SENDING TWO COPIES OF THIS LETTER TO EACH BASE. Please give one copy to the head of your team and keep the other for yourself--to remind you of what we need. Check with your leaders before sending anything or compiling any lists, or relegating any duties to anyone else! God bless you. We love you so much! Keep praying for us and for Joshua, Faith, Hosea, Esther, Jethro, Deborah and Aaron, with their heavy responsibility! They need you.--Your faithful help and your prayers! Love in Him, Maria
26. P.S. MOSES ALSO WANTS TO REMIND YOU THAT THE LORD HIMSELF TOLD US TO "WRITE ALL THESE THINGS IN A BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE!"--Each colony should be filing copies of all reports, logs, lessons, etc., in their individual Book of Remembrance!
27. REMEMBER, MOSES HAS ALSO REQUESTED THAT, IF POSSIBLE, SECRETARIES BE RELIEVED OF ALL OTHER WORK DUTIES, TO DEVOTE THEIR TIME TO THE LOGS, RECORDING LESSONS, READING AND ANSWERING MAIL, ETC. This includes public reading of important reports and letters from other colonies to be shared with all!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}