"GENERAL EPISTLE TO LEADERS"--MO December 13, 1970 NO.24
--Letter to Leaders on Miscellaneous Business
Dearly Beloved Children of the Lord:
Greetings in Jesus' Precious Name!
1. WELL, PRAISE THE LORD! HERE WE ARE ALL BUNDLED UP IN OUR OVERCOATS AND PARKAS, and huddled in front of our tiny electric heater in our huge heatless, cubicle igloo on the cold side of Mt. Carmel in the dead of winter with the wind howling, and the rain blowing outside our window, and I'm not at all sure we won't find snow when we go out in the morning, with perhaps a few sleighs with snowbells, instead of the buses roaring up and down Carmel Avenue!
SECURITY OF LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SECURITY LIVING IN A NATION IN A STATE OF WAR
2. OUR SECURITY IS REALLY TERRIFIC! After months of [ALERT! CHECK FOR SANITIZATION: "
"] training [ALERT! CHECK FOR SANITIZATION: "
"] you have finally decided to let the world know who is the real leader of the Revolution for Jesus! And even his exact locations in exile, whither he hath fled as a refugee and fugitive to escape the wrath of the enemy, and try to take the heat off you there at home.
3. "AND THEY SENT PAUL BY SHIP TO TARSUS, THEN HAD ALL THE CHURCHES REST." However, after a brief breather, the churches must have decided to advertise to the whole Roman Empire his location, so desperate were they to get in touch with him, and to use nothing less than the very emissaries of Rome itself to relay this information via short-wave!
4. APPARENTLY, YOU HAVE NOT ONLY FORGOTTEN THAT YOUR LEADER IS STILL A FUGITIVE IN EXILE, A RELIGIOUS REFUGEE in hiding from the wrath of both the Beast and the Whore--SOMETHING ALMOST EVERY LEADER OF EVERY REVOLUTIONARY MOVEMENT HAS HAD TO DO AT SOMETIME IN HIS CAREER THROUGHOUT ALL TIME--but you apparently have also forgotten that the tiny little nation where he has found this seclusion, incognito, is also a nation at war! With strict controls on almost everything, including communications, even a certain censorship, lest information of value to her enemies leak out from the inside!--And this would be particularly true of the medium of such information, if it were not closely monitored by the government!--(Communications Department), for which you cannot blame them, so therefore all transmissions directed specifically into, or out of Israel, to the outside world are naturally closely so monitored!
5. THIS IS A NATION AT WAR! And despite the present temporary cease-fire, still, nevertheless, engaged in war which could erupt again at a moment's notice, into a red-hot shooting war. We ourselves, here, sometimes are prone to forget this--all seems so normal, with business as usual, until we are shocked back to reality by the sight of one of the many soldiers casually strolling down one of the main business thoroughfares with his arm around his girl on one side, and a machine-gun on the other. You are also somewhat startled when they grab you by the arm at the door of a public building or entering the subway, to inspect your purse or shopping bag, because of the many terrorist bombings--an occasional jet overhead or an army truck of soldiers rumbling through the streets, or the multitudes of naval officers, girl soldiers, and the news broadcasts, continue to serve as frequent reminders that a state of war still exists!
6. SO WHEN YOU SO INNOCENTLY INSIST THAT WE TRY TO CONTACT YOU VIA SHORT-WAVE RADIO from this nation at war, it shouldn't surprise you that it's caused no small furor and flurry, and a great deal of undesired attention to our presence here! WE WOULD JUST AS SOON GO UNKNOWN AND UNNOTICED, AND PARTICULARLY UNRECOGNISED, IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION of exploring possible locations, surveying situations, and scouting out these various lands for future colonies, while, at the same time, highly prizing the privacy and time for recording many valuable epistles and lessons of instructions for you there--the writing that we have been longing to do, and have had a burden and urgent inspiration for, for years, for the benefit of posterity, but have been too closely involved in the action to have the time and the quiet so necessary for such a task.
THE WRITINGS OF THE GREATEST MEN WERE DONE IN SOLITUDE
7. "THE WORLD IS TOO MUCH WITH US," EVERY GREAT MAN OF GOD, FROM MOSES TO JESUS, HAD TO GET AWAY ALONE INTO HIS MOUNTAIN FOR AWHILE, AWAY FROM THE MULTITUDE, and its incessant demands and needs in order to have time to meditate, pray, and produce, from communion with God, the laws of God, for the needs of man.
8. AS YOU'LL LEARN IN A LATER EPISTLE, SOME OF THE GREATEST WORKS WHICH HAVE CHANGED THE WORLD, WERE WRITTEN BY THEIR AUTHORS ALONE AND IN EXILE, OR EVEN IMPRISONMENT--TOTALLY AWAY FROM THE CROWD, WHICH THEY LATER INFLUENCED BY THE MILLIONS! The laws which Moses received from God, alone on the lonely remote mountaintop of Sinai, now rule the civilised world, and the private little lesson on Christian ethics and behaviour, taught by Jesus, to a tiny handful of his most intimate disciples on a little mountain in Galilee, has become known as "The Sermon on the Mount," probably the most famous piece of all Christian literature, which has influenced his followers around the world for nearly two thousand years. The next most widely published book in the world, outside the Bible, which has probably done more to influence thinking and course of the Christian Church of, not only his own day, but also succeeding generations, and translated into more languages than any other book other than the Bible, was Pilgrim's Progress, written alone and in prison by the revolutionary, nonconformist, John Bunyan; not to speak of such famous works of the Devil, which have also helped to transform the world such as Karl Marx's Das Kapital, Hitler's Mein Kampf, and most of Lenin's revolutionary writings were all done in exile and seclusion, totally isolated from the millions they were later to influence.
9. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR AND GET IT STRAIGHT FROM EITHER GOD OR THE DEVIL IN ANY QUALITY AND QUANTITY, YOU ALMOST HAVE TO GET ALONE AND CONCENTRATE ON COMMUNICATING WITH HIM, AS WELL AS SET IT DOWN ON PAPER OR TABLETS OR STONE, FOR THE SAKE OF FUTURE GENERATIONS.
SECURITY OF THE MAILS
10. SO I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THE TIME AND THE LOCATION FOR THIS WORK, along with our missionary survey journey--but please do not destroy our opportunity by breaching the security of our tasks! Thank you! Let us please be more prayerful about this whole matter.
11. WE HAVE TO BE VERY CAUTIOUS ABOUT IT OURSELVES here in the field--not to tell people too much, lest they identify us too specifically and get the connection, with things they have either seen or heard about before, LEST WE BREACH OUR OWN SECURITY AND DEFEAT OUR PURPOSE BY GETTING SO INVOLVED HERE that we cannot accomplish our [ALERT! CHECK FOR SANITIZATION: "
"] mission of Numbers 13:17-21 in all of these countries, particularly those as religiously restricted as this one, where we would be almost compelled to operate underground, as you can see by the enclosed. (Note: Item on Arabs and religious restrictions at end of "Quality or Quantity?" Letter to Leaders--Part II of Drop-Outs!)
12. WE ARE NOT EVEN TOO SURE OF THE MAILS, or how much censorship or spot checking may be involved, particularly since we've been producing such a volume of literature for you recently, and sending nearly all by post, WHICH IS ONE REASON WE HAVE SENT YOU SECRETARIES THE RECENT CHECKLIST TO BE RETURNED TO US, TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE ALL GETTING ALL OF THE ITEMS WE HAVE SENT YOU, AS WELL AS TO BE SURE THEY ARE BEING READ AND SHARED WITH OTHERS. Although there is nothing in them that I think they could object to, the very volume of the material that we're sending might attract their attention, and might arouse someone's suspicions that it would be in their interest to check it out, particularly since we're sending them in rather flimsy envelopes at normal airmail rate, unregistered, so we have no way of knowing if you're getting them or not, unless you reply. So far, none of you have mentioned any of them specifically, although we gather from some of your reactions that you are! Praise the Lord!
13. WE JUST PRAY FOR EACH ONE AS WE STICK IT IN THE MAILBOX, and trust the Lord, so we hope they're getting through to you in more ways than one! God bless the postal system, and thank God for it! Our task would be virtually impossible without it!
THE MANY ADVANTAGES OF WRITING LETTERS RATHER THAN MAILING CASSETTE TAPES
14. OUR EXPERIENCE WITH TAPES HAS BEEN EXTREMELY UNSATISFACTORY, as much as we appreciate the ones which you have sent us--even some of them were delayed for months before reaching us as were some of ours delayed for months before being heard by all the colonies. As nice as it is to hear the actual voices, the delays in transit do not make for good communication, and the lack of the written record for study does not lend itself well to lessons--much less the specifics of business, not to speak of all the other problems involved, such as worn out batteries, customs, high postage! We can send lengthy communications via written letter directly to each and all of you for less than the cost of postage for one tape, not to speak of the cost of the tape, trouble in packaging, and the danger of its attracting more attention, getting lost or stolen in countries where they're hard to get.
15. BESIDES, WITH A TAPE, WE STAND ONLY ONE CHANCE OUT OF ONE OF IT GETTING THRU TO YOU, MAYBE LESS, whereas with five or six letters, we hope that at least one or more are sure to get thru to you--maybe all. We don't know yet--you haven't told us.
16. WE KNOW OF AT LEAST ONE TAPE YOU SENT US MADE MONTHS AGO and addressed to us in Rome--was never received by us there--and it was not forwarded, but must have been returned to you, since you sent it on to us only recently; whereas, other mail addressed to us there was forwarded from there, and received by us here. Apparently there are some complications of postage or customs which makes tapes more difficult in international transit.
17. BESIDES, IT TAKES YOU SO LONG TO GET AROUND TO MAKING ONE, THAT WE'D RATHER HAVE YOU SIT DOWN TODAY AND DASH US OFF A SHORT NOTE WHICH YOU CAN SLIP IN THE MAIL FOR A FEW CENTS POSTAGE and we receive only five days later, than to wait for weeks to getting around to making a tape just the way you want it, with all the paraphernalia necessary and then to have it wander around for weeks or months before we get it, and wear out a dollar's worth of batteries in the process of listening to it, as much as we enjoy it.
18. BESIDES, MAYBE YOU CAN MAKE COPIES OF TAPES OVER THERE, BUT OUR BATTERIES DON'T EVEN LAST LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE ONE tape over here, and I know from experience it takes longer to get around to get all set up to play and hear a tape, than it does just to rip open and read a letter; that is, except perhaps, one of my letters! Besides, I trust you're all getting my letters virtually at the same time, rather than to have to pass a tape on from colony to colony over a period of weeks, until it's almost too late to accomplish its purpose--if it's urgent business.
19. BESIDES, IN THE CASE OF THE LESSONS AND REVELATIONS, THE LORD TOLD US TO WRITE THEM DOWN IN A "BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE" TO BE SHARED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. How are you going to do this with a tape? And besides, you only remember 40 percent of what you hear, but 80 per cent of what you see, so the typed copies can be easily mimeographed for all--but have you ever tried to transcribe a tape? Ask one of your poor typists which she would prefer! It would probably be put off as an almost unbearable ordeal until it got lost in the shuffle, or was too late to do any good.
20. LIKE SO MANY OF THE TAPES I'VE MADE, THEY TICKLE THE EARS FOR THE MOMENT, BUT THEN FADE INTO OBLIVION AND ARE LOST TO POSTERITY. My mother's one or two books have done more good, received wider circulation, been read by more millions, and helped more people, than all of her tapes and radio broadcasts put together! Besides, not even we can keep a copy of the tape, so we can't remember what we've told you, or what we haven't told you!
21. DON'T THINK I WOULDN'T USE TAPES AT ANY COST, IF I THOUGHT TAPES COULD DO THE JOB! IT WOULD SAVE POOR LITTLE MARIA AND I HOURS OF AGONY, DICTATION, TRANSCRIBING, POUNDING THE TYPEWRITER, CORRECTING, REVISING, AND SO ON.--But when we're finished, you know what you've got, and that you got it--so you're without excuse--as much as you may hate to read it, it's there in black and white, and there's no mistaking it, or misunderstanding it, or failing to catch a word or a meaning here or there! I've often gone through a lot of agony trying to hear or understand one of your tapes, till we were on the brink of exasperation, because we couldn't quite catch something important you said, or sometimes, even who it was saying it.
22. I'LL TAKE THE PRINTED WORD FOR MINE--YOU CAN KEEP ON MAILING TAPES IF YOU WANT TO. We really enjoy them, and for some purposes they are superior, without a doubt, such as your singing, testimonies, and sweet, familiar voices! They truly warm our hearts, and we really appreciate them. Thank you for all the trouble you took to make them--we don't mean to sound ungrateful! We really get excited over them, and if it makes it any easier on you, go ahead and send us tapes, as I know that writing is really difficult for some of you, especially those who can't spell.
23. BUT REMEMBER, WE EVEN LOVE YOUR MISSPELLINGS--BECAUSE IT'S YOU, and we know with what a labour of love you wrote it, and how hard it was for you! Personal letters from some of you are so rare, we almost frame them and hang them on the wall!
ALL OF MO'S LETTERS ARE PERSONAL AND WRITTEN PERSONALLY FROM HIM PERSONALLY FOR YOU!
24. IF YOU TOP LEADERS THINK THE DAILY LOGS AND GENERAL TYPE REPORTS ARE GOING TO TAKE THE PLACE OF A PERSONAL NOTE FROM YOU, HOWEVER BRIEF, YOU'RE MISTAKEN! As you told me recently, "We want to hear some word from you personally each time we get a communication"--despite the fact that I have sent you tens of thousands of words from me personally of late--revelations, lessons, letters, and what not, annotated, signed, sealed, addressed, and stamped with my own little hands--every word of it spoken PERSONALLY to you--PERSONALLY from me and the Lord--but just because it wasn't on a tape, or in my own handwriting, who'd you think it was from? You certainly didn't expect me to write it all out in longhand, did you? Or are you blaming it all on poor little Maria, who pounds away all day personally imprinting these personal words from me personally? Who did you think was writing all this stuff, anyhow?
25. DON'T BLAME POOR LITTLE MARIA; SHE'S ONLY POOR LITTLE ROBEY THE ROBOT, WHO SITS HERE ALL DAY WRITING DOWN EXACTLY WHAT I TELL HER TO WRITE FROM ME PERSONALLY, TO YOU PERSONALLY! Can you blame me for blowing a fuse?--When after sending you tens of thousands of personal words from my own little pen, Robey, you tell me you appreciate all the stuff we've been sending you, but you'd like to get a "personal" word from me, or a tape! Have you been reading it? How personal can I get? Have you read "Let's Talk About Jesus!"? Wasn't that personal enough?
26. HOW PERSONAL IS PERSONAL? And how personal can I get? I love you! Is that personal enough? What do you want me to do?--Climb in the envelope with it, and come home and read it to you personally, before you'll believe it is personal?
27. NOW I HOPE YOU DON'T GET OFFENDED AT THIS, OR TAKE IT TOO PERSONALLY, BUT I WANT TO ASSURE YOU THAT THIS IS NOT AN IMPERSONATION, BUT THAT I AM THE PERSON WHO IS PERSONALLY PERSONALISING AND PERSONIFYING THE PERSONIFICATION OF THE PERSONALITY OF THESE PERSONALS TO YOU--IN PERSON--"BE NOT AFRAID; IT IS I."
28. WE REGRET THAT DUE TO THE LENGTH OF THIS PRESENT PERSONAL MISSIVE WE CANNOT THANK EACH OF YOU PERSONALLY BY NAME for the many personal notes and tapes you have sent us, but we will try to reserve that for a tape we're planning for you subsequently, if we can rake up enough batteries! Suffice it to say that we truly personally appreciate your personal efforts in these personal communications!--But we must deal with some other, more pressing matters, before we close this epistle!--Although some of these are specifics regarding individuals, and individual situations in your individual camps, I am sharing them with all of you, so that all profit thereby.
29. I WAS GOING TO WARN YOU, ABOUT SOME OF THE DANGERS OF THE DRAFT AND INCORPORATION, but now that Saul is undertaking these responsibilities for us, it will not be necessary, thank the Lord! Just be sure to give him all the cooperation you possibly can, since he's going to bat for us! God bless him!
THE WASTE OF TIME, PERSONNEL, MONEY AND EFFORT FOR MASS EVANGELICAL MEETINGS LIKE "THE FEAST OF THE PROPHETS," AS COMPARED TO THE GREATER RESULTS OF PERSONAL WITNESSING!
30. WE APPRECIATE YOUR OTHER REPORTS: You've been very faithful in keeping us posted, otherwise, but we are still waiting for news on these. We know you were terribly busy over the "FEAST OF THE PROPHETS," but now that that's over, we're still waiting to hear from you!
31. INCIDENTALLY, FROM WHAT I GATHER FROM ALL OF YOUR REPORTS ON THAT FEAST, I suppose you've noticed by now that the meager, permanent results in the number of young people reached and disciples made, was somewhat less than anticipated, considering the magnitude of effort and expense involved, including number of personnel necessary, and the tremendous amount of work required.
32. I WAS NOT SURPRISED, HOWEVER, AS I HAVE NEVER HAD TOO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN THE PROPORTIONATE RESULTS OF MASS MEETINGS, WITH THE SAME NUMBER OF PERSONNEL, TIME, MONEY, AND EFFORT, YOU COULD PROBABLY HAVE REACHED MORE THRU PERSONAL WITNESSING IN THE FIELD, WHICH IS OUR CALLING AND MINISTRY. Your tiny team in Santa Barbara, for example, got more results there, in a few days of their unpretentious and unlavish endeavours, percentage wise, than the whole bunch of you in one gigantic one day's mass meeting with all of its massive preparations and colossal expense.
33. I DARE SAY, IF YOU'D FIGURE OUT ON A WITNESS FOR WITNESS, DISCIPLE FOR DISCIPLE BASIS, YOU'RE GETTING MORE RESULTS IN DAILY WITNESSING, THAN IN ONE HUGE POSH, LIKE THE FEAST. I will say, that it did get you some publicity, and made quite a show, and had a lot of very good results, particularly in fellowship and getting you leaders together, but I wonder, if you had it to do over again, honestly now, would you really consider it worth all that trouble?
34. I KNOW WE CAN SAY, THAT IF EVEN ONE SOUL WAS SAVED, IT WAS WORTH IT ALL! I know, because that's what we used to say about our big evangelistic meetings with their lavish advertising, enormous expense, and unlimited effort; but, if we could have accomplished just as much, if not more, by getting the church out witnessing on a steady, thorough, day-by-day basis, instead of hiring an evangelist and going to all that expense and trouble, couldn't we have been enjoying it more and costing less? As we used to say evangelistically speaking, "Maybe only Eternity will tell!", but think it over anyhow!--And please, carefully study the enclosed epistle on "Quality or Quantity?" It's very important and urgent!
LEADERSHIP CONFERENCES--WHILE THE CATS ARE AWAY THE MICE DO PLAY
35. ALSO, I'M CURIOUS TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU WERE GONE--"WHAT MICE DID PLAY WHILE THE CATS WERE AWAY?"--MOST OF THE TOP LEADERSHIP STRIPPED FROM THE WHOLE KINGDOM and concentrated in Los Angeles--a rather dangerous situation security-wise, to say the least; nevertheless, I'm sure your top-level summit meeting must have had some kind of benefits in coordination of plans and fellowship, and I enjoyed your phone call. Thank you! Wish I could have been there!
CONFESSION SESSIONS AND DISCIPLINE OF BABES AND YOUNG LEADERS
36. BY THIS TIME, IF YOU HAVE BEEN PRAYERFULLY STUDYING THESE EPISTLES, YOU KNOW THE LORD'S AND MY SENTIMENTS about confession sessions, new colonies, etc. If you could understand that tape I sent, or the prophecy it prompted, you also know now what the Lord and I think about overly harsh discipline for newborn babes; even for some of our younger leaders.
[[ALERT! CHECK FOR SANITIZATION: "
WITNESSING TO MINORS--LEGAL PROBLEMS
38. SPEAKING OF MINORS: LET ME REMIND YOU AGAIN, THAT HOUSING OR FEEDING A MINOR, EVEN ONE MEAL, CAN BE COUNTED AS "HARBOURING," and letting them visit at our place during school hours can be construed as "contributing."
SELECTING BIBLE NAMES FOR BABES
39. ALSO, SPEAKING OF BABES, GREATER PRAYER NEEDS TO BE TAKEN IN THE SELECTION OF BIBLE NAMES FOR NEW DISCIPLES! Some of these poor guys are stupidly picking the monikers of some of the worst villains in the Book. Just because it's in the Bible doesn't make it a good name! And I hope some of them never live up to their Biblical namesake! And incidentally, what's the matter with names in the New Testament! We're supposed to be Christians--not Old Testament Jews! I could tell you something about that--and I'm going to, in a subsequent exposure! Maybe somebody ought to make a roster of the names of the "good" guys in the Bible, so the poor new disciples will be encouraged to live up to their names, rather than to try to live 'em down! Some of you leaders ought to have better sense than that! Now, where's your perfection!
ORGANIZING THE LAUNDRY
40. AND FINALLY, BRETHREN, I SUGGEST THAT YOU NEED NOT ONLY TO GET YOUR SPIRITUAL DIRTY LAUNDRY ORGANISED, BUT YOUR CLOTHES LAUNDRIES TOO! If you'd read your own logs, you'd laugh or cry about what's going on in your laundries! I oughta know--because it happened to me!--Due to the dear, disorganised work of our darling laundresses at TSC--of the 28 socks I just gave to the laundress here, hardly any two of them matched! And the poor girl must have gone nearly crazy trying to pair 'em up!--Maybe that's why it took her a week to do our laundry! I understand in your laundry, people not only lose socks, but entire wardrobes!
SURVIVAL IN FLOODS
41. AND SPEAKING OF LAUNDRIES, AND WASHES, MAY I WARN YOU AT THE DALLAS ENCAMPMENT, THAT THAT'S PROBABLY LOW LAND, SUBJECT TO FLOODING! BEWARE OF FLOODS-- WINTER FLASH FLOODS, AS A RESULT OF CLOUD BURSTS, OR THE SILENT TYPE, THAT SNEAK UP ON YOU IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT, WITHOUT A SOUND, as the water slowly rises! I've been thru 'em, and it's a horrifying experience to wake up in the middle of the night, and hear water lapping against the side of your house or vehicle, and to suddenly discover that you're already half buried in water and mud without hearing a thing, or a minute's warning. Certain sections of Dallas have a habit of doing this: so watch out! Be prepared! Better have a flood drill, decide on what you're going to do if it happens to you, what you're going to climb on top of that's fairly stable, and high enough, or what you're going to float on to get out of there. Or better yet, watch the weather or flood reports, so you don't get caught!
42. AND SPEAKING OF FLOODS, BEWARE OF FIRE, PARTICULARLY IN YOUR USE OF SACKCLOTH DECORATIONS. It can catch fire from a spark, and burn like a furnace! You vigilers, watch out for cigarettes! We don't want that kind of demonstration! God help us!
VOTING IN POLITICAL ELECTIONS
43. SPEAKING OF VIGILS, DID YOU ALL VOTE, OR HAVE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE? LET'S LET EM KNOW WE CAN VOTE--AND WILL VOTE! There's nothing the politicians fear like your votes! It can make them treat you like royalty and handle you with kid gloves. Besides, you might even influence the outcome of an election, and enjoy a little political patronage, particularly in as small a county election, as in Texas. You might even invite the candidates out to talk to your group to let them tell you what they plan to offer you and youth, if they win! This will inflate their ego, even if they lose, and they may still exert some influence in local politics, on your behalf!
DRAMA AND DANCING
44. AND SPEAKING OF POLITICS, IT SEEMS OUR DRAMATICS DEPARTMENT IS REALLY COMING TO THE FORE--DANCING, TOO! CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the good work! If the right one doesn't get you, the left one will! "BECOME ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN, IN ORDER THAT YOU MIGHT WIN SOME."
READING MO'S LETTERS TO THE DISCIPLES
45. AND SPEAKING OF DRAMATICS, I WONDER IF YOU GUYS ARE REALLY TELLING THE KIDS WHAT MOSES HAD TO SAY LATELY, OR ARE YOU AFRAID TO TELL 'EM--OR ASHAMED TO TELL EM? Beware, lest, I, like Paul, return unexpectedly, to your shame, and straighten you out, in front of them--as you've straightened them out, in front of everybody else! And watch out about using that old gag that "Moses wants this or that done," unless Moses really said so!--Using my name to accomplish your own ends, unless you really know it's my desire--and God's Will! As you've noticed in some others this can be a great temptation, and wields a wicked punch!
MISUSING THE DISCIPLES' OBEDIENCE FOR SELFISH ENDS, AND WARNING AGAINST DANGEROUS WITNESSING ACTIVITIES
46. AND WATCH OUT ABOUT USING OUR KIDS' IMPLICIT OBEDIENCE AS A TOOL FOR YOUR OWN ACCOMPLISHMENTS, LEST YOU "MAKE MERCHANDISE OF THEIR SOULS."--As does the Whore in Revelation 18. This includes marching them off like lambs to the slaughter on a vigil at some political rally of the Beast, where you cast your pearls before swine, and give that which is holy unto the dogs, lest they trample them under foot, and turn again and rend you!
47. BE SURE YOU'RE SPIRIT-LED THEN GO AHEAD! GOD BLESS YOU! LOVE, DAD.
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}