DISCLAIMER: Publications by The Family are archived here for educational purposes. The content is occasionally sexually explicit, offensive or promotive of criminal acts and we collect them to document their existence and wording but do not condone the points of view or activities. Original spelling, grammar, and style have been preserved where possible.
"WARNING ON DISTRIBUTION OF CONTROVERSIAL LITERATURE!"--MO October 19, 1973 No.274A--DFO
Copyrighted October, 1973 by The Children of God P.O. Box 31, London WC2E 7LX England, or B.P. 752 75123 Paris Cedex 03 France
1. LIKE THE MESSAGE OF EVERY TRUE PROPHET OF GOD, THE TRUTH OFTEN HURTS, and some people may resent it bitterly and blame you for what God said! So use lots of love and wisdom. Be very cautious and try not to take one side or the other! We're on God's side!
2. DON'T ARGUE! KEEP SWEET, SMILE!--LOVE! Just tell them to read it and see what it has to say.--You don't have to explain it in advance! You can just say it's about the Arab War, or world conditions, or sex advice, etc. Never try to force the lit on anyone or be too pushy or insistent. God will lead you to hungry sheep, not the overstuffed!
3. ALWAYS GO 2 BY 2--STICK TOGETHER, or at least keep a very close eye on each other.--You may need help! "Watch and pray!"--And run from trouble!--But if trouble comes, "agree with thine adversary whilst thou art in the way with him." And get out of the way!
4. "A SOFT ANSWER TURNETH AWAY WRATH." Expect threatening phone calls and threats on the streets--be always on your guard. Just assure them you love them and you're on God's side.
5. BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN GOING OR COMING HOME, especially when coming home, that you are not being followed, so people won't know where you live. If think you're being tailed, walk on by and try to shake them off--and don't come home until you do!
6. WE HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH, BUT SOMETIMES IT'S DANGEROUS, so we need to be on our guard. Our enemies can be rough. At times they have beaten us up, and tried to kill us, and some wouldn't hesitate to try to do it again, especially while passions are inflamed over the war. We have actually been driven out of some places by certain people, so we must be wise as serpents and harmless as doves and very cautious and prayerful.
7. WATCH AND PRAY! It's God's Word, and we have to warn them, but it is a very dangerous business. Pray very earnestly before you go and every moment on the streets!
8. AVOID ANY CONTROVERSIES OR ARGUMENTS or discussions with opponents.--Friends?--That's different! Keep very sweet and very close to the Lord, and use lots of loving wisdom, because some of these are very highly controversial Letters. But they have to get out--the people have to know the truth, and we have to obey the Lord! Warn them and deliver your soul, so their blood won't be on your hands!--But you don't have to convince them.--Leave the decision to them.
9. WATCH OUT FOR SUSPICIOUS LOOKING BUNDLES OR PACKAGES left around or delivered in the mail. Watch out about opening things--even heavy letters that you are not sure of their origin. If in doubt, don't!
10. KEEP ALL ENTRANCES GUARDED in the daytime, and beware of strangers! Don't give out any more information than you have to, but be friendly. If suspicious, summon a superior officer. Never let anyone in who doesn't live there, unless you're sure of his good intentions.
11. KEEP ALL DOORS LOCKED and barred at night, all ground-floor windows closed and locked if possible unless barred or needed for ventilation. You may need a night watchman! Our first colony, TSC, had 24-hour guards patrolling constantly!
12. TRY NOT TO BOTHER THE POLICE for help unless you have to.--But don't hesitate to summon them if you need them: Protection by force is their job! They are "God's ministers to thee for good"! (Romans 13.) So call on them if you need them--just be sure you're in the right!--And show them how thankful you are for them, and that you love and appreciate them. "For they are God's ministers attending continually on this very thing." God bless them! Pray for them, and thank them. Amen?
13. GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU ALL and continue to make you a blessing!--Your Father in Him,--Love,--MO.
14. P.S.--Some good Letters to read in this regard on security are: (See your MO Letter INDEX, page 25.)--HAPPY WITNESSING!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family}