Priebe started off as an artist, and became head of The Family's art department producing the True Komix (TK) volumes. Later, he became a doctrinal editor and writer and was involved with the coups to overthrow the Philippine government (see the links to his articles on the Manila Military Ministry, below).
In 1992, angry after hearing about Ben Farnsworth's death (as he has explained it), Priebe took over a Family home in Manila and removed 16 trunks of videos from a storage unit. These videos later became evidence of child abuse in court cases (see Category:Legal Action).
ED PRIEBE: I mean, look at this. "Deceivers yet true!" This is an official Children of God publication teaching Family children to lie. I wrote it.
- Christianity Today: Have Children of God Cleaned Up Their Act? — 1992-12-14
- Washington Post: 'The Family' and Final Harvest — 1993-06-02
- Hamilton Spectator: Member says he saw child sex abuse inside cult — 1993-09-09
Writings by Edward Priebe
- My Story — Priebe's page on ExFamily.org – 2005
- Classes and Articles by Ed Priebe — an incomplete list of articles by Ed Priebe
- My Apology & Accounting — posted on MovingOn, 2004-10-04
- Prostitution and Political Seduction — 2002
- The Manila Military Ministry: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 — 2001
- Ex-Members take over a large COG Home and start a Revolution for Jesus — 1993