John Paul Gamage
John Paul Gamage (born 1990-01-13) is a former second generation member of The Family and convicted child molester serving a 293-month sentence at a Federal Correctional Institution in Pollock, Louisiana.
In mid-2008, Gamage, travelled from Houston, Texas to Jasper County, Missouri to visit a Family Home where he sexually assaulted two female children then aged 9 and 10. In 2010, some time after their parents left The Family, the children disclosed the abuse in outcry statements and their parents reported the sexual assaults to law enforcement officers in Missouri.
On August 25, 2010, members of the Houston Metro Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force executed a search warrant for a Houston apartment that was then the residence of Gamage and his father, Anthony Raymond Gamage. The search uncovered digital images of child pornography which John Gamage's father admitted to searching for and downloading. During the search, John Gamage also confessed to sexually assaulting two children in Houston and Missouri as well as producing, seeking and downloading images of child pornography. On August 31, 2010, the Harris County District Attorney filed a criminal complaint charging John and his father with two felony counts each of possession of child pornography.
On December 14, 2010, a federal grand jury in the Western District of Missouri issued an indictment charging Gamage with one count of travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2423(b). In March 2011, the Texas child pornography charges against him were dismissed due to the federal indictment. On December 14, 2011, a federal grand jury issued a superseding indictment charging Gamage with a second count of aggravated sexual abuse of a child in violation of 18 U.S.C.§ 2241(c).
On June 21, 2012, Gamage pled guilty to the first count and the superseding indictment was dismissed. On October 23, 2012, Gamage was sentenced to serve 293 months (24 years, 5 months) in federal prison. Gamage was also sentenced to spend the rest of his life on supervised release (projected to take place on December 7, 2031) following incarceration.
USA v. Gamage
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri (Joplin), Case 3:10-cr-05055-BCW-1.
- Docket Report — 2013-07-31
- Indictment — 2010-12-21
- Motion for Detention — 2011-04-04
- Superseding Indictment — 2011-12-14
- Transcript of hearing on change of plea — 2012-06-21
- Report and reccommendation concerning plea of guilty — 2012-06-21
- Plea agreement — 2012-06-21
- Motion to continue sentencing date — 2012-09-17
- Judgment and sentence — 2012-10-23
Texas v. Gamage, John Paul
Harris County 337th District Court. Causes 1276330 and 1276331
- Complaint (Cause 1276331) — 2010-08-31
- Complaint (Cause 1276330) — 2010-08-31
- Probable cause for further detention and warnings by magistrate (Cause 1276331) — 2010-09-02
- Probable cause for further detention and warnings by magistrate (Cause 1276330) — 2010-09-02
- Grand Jury Indictment (Cause 1276330) — 2010-11-10
- Grand Jury Indictment (Cause 1276331) — 2010-11-10
- Motion and order to dismiss (Cause 1276331) — 2011-03-28
- Motion and order to dismiss (Cause 1276330) — 2011-03-28