Jonas spent the majority of his life in Thailand where he learned to speak nearly fluent Thai. He started to sing in luk thung--Thailand's traditional country music--and became popular in Thailand for it. In 2000, Jonas released his debut album (in luk thung) titled, Pom Chu Jonas ("My Name is Jonas"/"ผมชื่อโจนัส"). It sold more than 200,000 copies that year.
Eventually, he teamed up with Christy Gibson, (who is no longer a member of The Family), and they became very famous throughout Thailand. The have had regular television shows and concerts. They have been called the most famous "farangs" (foreigners) in Thai music.
- ผมชื่อโจนัส (Pom Chu Jonas/"My Name is Jonas") (2000-06-15)
- Num Tum Lao Sao Tum Thai
- Rum-tone, Rum-thai
- She's a Westerner Who Sings Music of the East. Los Angeles Times. 6 May 2001.
- Jonas Anderson: 'Never Did I Imagine I Would Be Doing Something Like This' — TimeAsia 2000-09-11 (accessed: 2006-08-25).
- Swede Sound of Success — The hottest singer in the tradition-steeped world of Thai country music comes from the land of ABBA. 2000-09-18 (accessed: 2006-08-25)
- Swede Brings New Meaning to Thai Pop. International Herald Tribune. 29 September 2000.